Park sensors malfunction in damp weather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chandlerslad

Car
E240 elegance
Hi
My 2004 E240 has front and rear park sensors but when the weather is damp they tend to malfunction.
Has anybody got any ideas as to how to solve this issue please?

Hi
My 2004 E240 has front and rear park sensors but when the weather is damp they tend to malfunction.
Has anybody got any ideas as to how to solve this issue please?

My 2011 E250 had exactly the same when driving in heavy rain. Turned out one sensor was letting water in and needed replacing.
Didn't fancy doing it myself as the bumper had to come off.
Local indie charged just under £180 to supply and fit genuine Mercedes sensor. I just had to paint it

Anybody tried WD40?

theres a rubber seal on the side of the main body , it delaminates over time and lets moisture in . wd40 may disperse the water but seems to rot the rubber making it gooey.

Inkeds-l640_LI.jpg

I have an icarsoft mb2 v2 and that diagnosed which sensor was faulty, but got Indy to change it out

Hair lacquer was always a tried and tested method to keep the damp out, sprayed the distributor on my old mini, worked wonders :D
Think lacquer disappeared the same time as distributors, Capstan Full Strength, "something for the weekend sir?" etc.

Back sensors (4) and front (4) sensors has same part-nr in front you have 6 in total and left/right has different part-nr! Did order 2 new aftermarkets sensors for my car right now 40 punds with shipping. If you want me to look up part-nr for your car hit me up with vin-nr.

Solved my sensor problem! Totally broken not much to protect sensors had much sand and water sitting inside bumper! But the work was pretty easy to do!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom