Parkcronic!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simon

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 Proper gearbox
There is another way.

lens.jpg

It slips between the headlining and roof for fitting; cost me £2.50, and works.

Is that laughter I hear? Go on then, gimme some stick.

I hope this has been of help, in particular to the Senior Citizens amongst us.

I hope this has been of help, in particular to the Senior Citizens amongst us. [/B][/QUOTE]

Being an Elder Statesman also, I haven't succumbed to "aids for the infirm yet myself".

I think it may detract from the appeal of my new Motor, and get the rep at the dealership in stitches if I asked for one as an "Extra".:D :(

That is a good way indeed. My boss uses one of those and he swears by it! I would have one but it would interfere with my rear blind!

with my GPS system I can put a camera under my rear bumper and have it automatically swith on my screen when I select reverse. I can't really be bothered to fit a camera to the back so I guess I just have to use my judgement - this however makes me too cautious - when I have passangers I ask them if they can tell me how much space I have at the back! LOL

Originally posted by Koolvin
with my GPS system I can put a camera under my rear bumper and have it automatically swith on my screen when I select reverse. I can't really be bothered to fit a camera to the back so I guess I just have to use my judgement - this however makes me too cautious - when I have passangers I ask them if they can tell me how much space I have at the back! LOL

I can do the same thing, I thought about removing the boot lock (which is rusted up and not working anyway due to never having been used) and replacing it with a camera :D . Now that would be cool :D

You guys. Go slow and you will FEEL when you reach the car behind you ;)

Me hides, quick. :eek:

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
You guys. Go slow and you will FEEL when you reach the car behind you ;)

Me hides, quick. :eek:

Ever seen Amerians reverse park? kinda like this... whack, vrrrr Bang, whack.

Seriously, I don't blame you the back of the car is a bit of a mystery from the front seat!

I have driven larger cars, but find the shape of the w202 tricky to judge.

I had two E30 BMW's in a row, and you could see the back of the car no probs.

It is also down to practise. Where I used to live I HAD to reverse park everyday, quickly into tight spaces off of a busy road. People would look quite impressed with my 1 step and in manouvres, the trouble being on more than one occasion I got into a space, I strougled to get out of afterwards!
These days I have a drive and a garage and a car park at work, so when I come to reverse park, it's not quite as smooth as it used to be.

I have actually looked and if there was something more pleasing to the eye on the market, I would probably have one too.

Hmmm. I probably qualify as an SC, and this would be handy in my SE, but don't have no headlining in the SL.

Happy Christmas

SL with the roof down is a doddle to reverse anyway

However in the present weather conditions with the hard top fitted - I still couldnt bring myself to do it :)

Mark

That plastic thing should be only found on sollihull's late 80's production year cars .......

Come on guys , the w202 is a doddle to park ( squeezed it into a space in front of a club lat night with her in the pass seat and an audience :D )

Now , try parking a W210 estate .... thats a diferent matter . By the time the light reaches the front of the car from the back .. not that its long and ackward or anything ....:crazy:

SL with the roof down is a doddle to reverse anyway

However in the present weather conditions with the hard top fitted - I still couldnt bring myself to do it

Mark

You keep pulling things out the bag!

What hard top?

Neeeed Pics!!!

Will sort pics out over Xmas

Its a std lightweight ally hardtop - as fitted to just about every SL !

The beauty of it is that it ahs proper side windows, and a full size multi hundred element HRW!

Rear visibility is much improved over the the soft top :)

Mark

The hard top certainly makes reverse parking a lot easier. Parking with the soft top up on a rainy day is a nightmare.

I have the glass hardtop and it really transforms the car whilst keeping the interior nice and bright.

Seasons Greeting to all.:bannana: :bannana:

Tan

For salon car, how about fit a spoiler in the boot lid?? :D

I think we could get the aftermarket 'parktronic device' and fit into the bumper, is it? :confused:

I don't know where we could get it here in UK, but in Asia, like Japen and Hong Kong, they could get and install it easily...and cheap.. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom