Parked in front of my driveway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ackee911

Car
Mercedes-Benz S500L
Some silly sod has parked a big 4x4 in front of my driveway. Been there since friday night. At first I thought its just someone visiting a neighbour. But its not.... Police were in the area yesterday (not sure why) I asked them to check if it was stolen. They checked and said no. I asked how to get it moved and they said "not sure, best to ring the council". The council phone number is saying its out of hours!

Anyone know what I can do?
Really annoying!:mad:

Been there and got the T shirt.

It is against the highway code but unless the wretch is breaking parking restrictions, you need to put an enforcement request into your local council. Some have a hot line, most do not.

Mine has outsourced this so "enforcement" is only possible 09.00 to 05.30 Monday to Friday!

Last year had eight vehicles removed and self & neighbours were banging in complaints left right and centre because ALL of these belonging to teachers at a local school which withdrew staff parking in order to expand and the blighters were using our access road as "free" parking!

The vehicle removal cowboys (sorry the councils contracting firm) smelt money and offer to "enforce" parking for us but one day nary a teachers car was to be seen! The alternative parking arrangements that had been impossible were suddenly made :rolleyes:

smash a window

chuck in a molotov cocktail

stand back

oooops, thought i was playing GTA IV

I wish I could.....

Was it completely across the dropped kerb to your driveway, thus blocking you from getting your car out of the drive?

No one has permission to park on the public highway unless at an approved designated parking area, but....

If this 4x4 is just parked opposite your driveway or close to it, then I doubt anyone would be interested as long as it is taxed and insured :)

Here's a sketch I made. And no, I can't squeeze through the gap.

Attachments

• sketch.jpg
    sketch.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 755
This is what I did when someone blocked our cars in.

1) Smash window
2) Release Handbrake
3) Push Car Out Of Way
4) Put Handbrake On

1) Smash window
2) Release Handbrake
3) Push Car Out Of Way
4) Put Handbrake On

Well this thought did cross my mind, however the repercussions also did. How do know its not some madman, that will smash my house windows? Set my car/house on fire? Kill my cat?

remember, I live in london. 12 year olds have 9 milli's

How would they know it is you ?

If you don't want to be breaking windows , find a friend with a 4x4 , hitch a rope on the back of it , drag it up the road , take the hitch off , have a nice cup of tea . Job done.

How would they know its me? Kinda obvious, isn't it?

Plus I have nowhere to move it to. The street is crammed with cars, and where there is space, is other people's driveway.

I was thinking of just moving it to the middle of the road. Then the cops would HAVE to do something......right?

If it is obstructing the highway the police have to remove it by law. They have approved contractors to do this.

Agree with Howard, have done this with the breakdown truck a few times for mates.

Many many years ago, someone did this to my Dad, after the 3rd day he removed the wheels, dropped it on its belly and stacked the wheels on the roof :D I forget the exact outcome (it was 20 odd years ago!!), but it was eventually moved, I know the police came round, laughed and drove off :rock:

1) Smash window
2) Release Handbrake
3) Push Car Out Of Way
4) Put Handbrake On

5) Get arrested.

6) Go to court.

7) Compensate person who's car you smashed up.

8) Go on forum and talk nonsense.

5) Get arrested.

6) Go to court.

7) Compensate person who's car you smashed up.

8) Go on forum and talk nonsense.

And getting nicked for it would bother me because???

At the end of the day, if someone is that ignorant that they would wilfully obstruct my property they deserve it.

Nice attitude...

Yes my attitude does totally stink with regard to these things, I admit it.

But as I say, what right does some arrogant clown have to wilfully obstruct my property?

I simply cant tolerate these things.

Nice attitude...

It's the keyboard, it makes him do it...

Risking a Criminal record for something as stupid as damaging a car parked inappropriately sounds a bit daft to me.

Maybe the authorities didn't have any evidence before, but they do now...:devil:

I'm sure there's a solution to this without going to the extremes of smashing windows.

Not suggesting it's the correct thing to do, but even moving it without damaging it would be preferable to criminal damage.

Ackee - any pics?

Will

Well the person that parked in front is an idiot, and i'm not gonna be a bigger idiot by breaking the law. Suppose, if I persistantly ring the "fedz" they'll have enough and do something.........right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom