Parked in front of my driveway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
possibly.

do they have driveways in Gurney or wherever it is your being deported to?

Why is he needing a Gurney?

Attachments

• images-1.jpg
    images-1.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 310
Why is he needing a Gurney?

I thought a Gurney was a peice of metal that went on the wings of an F1 car, named after Dan Gurney?

you live and learn on here don't you?

I read a story in the news paper today, some bloke got peed off with people parking on the drive, so he poured small bottles of stink bomb liquid into the car vents, the insurance companys had to write off 10 cars as i was cheaper than stripping them down to get rid of the smell. and yes, he is being done by the police

I read a story in the news paper today, some bloke got peed off with people parking on the drive, so he poured small bottles of stink bomb liquid into the car vents, the insurance companys had to write off 10 cars as i was cheaper than stripping them down to get rid of the smell. and yes, he is being done by the police

I bet that caused a stink

Perhaps the insurance companies smelled a rat after the first few claims ? :D

Its happened again! Blue Vauxhall Corsa (automatic) GRRRRRRRRRRR! I'm soooo ****** off! Is it criminal for me to tow it forward a bit?

without wishing to start a fight I think there is a huge difference between the drawing in post number 7 and the photo in post number 102

Your drawing shows the dropped kerb and edge of your drive in line with the centre of the car when in the photos it's nearer the back wheel.

OK, it's an inconvenience but from the look of those photos there was plenty of room to get your car out

without wishing to start a fight I think there is a huge difference between the drawing in post number 7 and the photo in post number 102

Your drawing shows the dropped kerb and edge of your drive in line with the centre of the car when in the photos it's nearer the back wheel.

OK, it's an inconvenience but from the look of those photos there was plenty of room to get your car out
RT*P :D:D the photos were taken much later and originally there was another car immediately the right side other OPs drive - so no gap to swing out to the right.

Get the white lines painted?
Agreed - if parking has become more pressured in your area you are continually going to get more and more small cars tring to use that 1/2 space between yours and your neighbours driverways.

Rock it and try and set the alarm off , soon come back to it :)

Stick a for sale sign on it at a low price ---- :D

RT*P :D:D the photos were taken much later and originally there was another car immediately the right side other OPs drive - so no gap to swing out to the right.

I did read the posts which is why I spotted the discrepancy between the drawing and the photos

Have a look back for yourself :)

You'll notice from the drawing that the other car was parked to one side of the drive not overlapping it. Even if there was a car parked there I don't see how there was no room to get out - it may have been tight but it should have been possible.

I also noted when reading the posts that there was a 'big 4x4' All I saw in the photos was a short wheelbase Shogun which at just over 14' is shorter than a C class :)

We get people parking like that everyday, sometimes live and let live is a better motto than fighting the world

I did read the posts which is why I spotted the discrepancy between the drawing and the photos

Have a look back for yourself :)

You'll notice from the drawing that the other car was parked to one side of the drive not overlapping it. Even if there was a car parked there I don't see how there was no room to get out - it may have been tight but it should have been possible.

I also noted when reading the posts that there was a 'big 4x4' All I saw in the photos was a short wheelbase Shogun which at just over 14' is shorter than a C class :)

We get people parking like that everyday, sometimes live and let live is a better motto than fighting the world

Put your reading glasses on and re-read.

AT THE TIME OF MY ARRIVAL there was a DIFFERENT car parked on the right of my drive. Looking at picture two in post 96, you can see MY car, the left hand side is in line with the front of the rear wheel. The car parked behind (LEGALLY PARKED) was right up to the drop kerb. So NO there was no way of getting it in or out. Secondly, the road is pretty narrow so EVEN IF I could get the car out, where would I go? The car wouldn't be able to swing out and to the left.

By the time the car behind had moved I had called the council.

To this day, the owner has not knocked on my door asking where his/her car is.

ANYWAY

I left a polite but firm note on the corsa, and came back today to find it gone and parked further down the road.

The only answer I need now is if I can paint the white lines on the road myself, LEGALLY!:thumb:

P.S Big 4x4, meaning a heavy car which will be hard to move-if it had been a little micra I would've just towed it myself.

ANYWAY

I left a polite but firm note on the corsa, and came back today to find it gone and parked further down the road.

The only answer I need now is if I can paint the white lines on the road myself, LEGALLY!

No

The only answer I need now is if I can paint the white lines on the road myself, LEGALLY!:thumb:
Phone up the the council they should do it for a nominal fee (ask your neightbour how they got theirs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom