Parking Appeal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ade B

MB Enthusiast
Car
2006 Accord Tourer iCDTI EX
Some of you may remember I appealed against a dodgy parking ticket in January. It all got a bit silly on here and the thread was closed.

Moving on, it says in their automated response of 31.01.08 that they would respond within 2 weeks. Can anyone (Robert?) comment on statutory periods. ie. if they haven't responded by now, will they ever?

Don't want to contact Westminster as it may open a can of worms...

Ade :confused:

I was allocated a parking ticket, went down the appeal route just in case I got away with it, and they told me that it would take 8 weeks for them to deal with it and consider my appeal. But the £30 fine would be frozen and then time would tick away once they made their decision if it was not in my favour. Which, it wasn't :eek:

My previous (caught red handed but trying it on anyway) appeals were usually chucked out quite quickly.. this seems to be dragging its heels - as Lemar said, if there's any justice in this world :D

Ade

you would have expected them to have followed thier onw advice and contacted you within 2 weeks, otherwise they are not following thier own procedures. That would be something that a court would not like.

Still, I am just typing this from my armchair so I could be wrong.

6 months from date of contravention is the norm for a serving of a Notice to Owner. Although you can informally appeal a PCN before an NtO is served the authority is not legally obliged to do anything [in terms of response] until serving of the NtO. If they fail to serve this within 6 months go to adjudication as they will frown upon that delay and look favourably towards you. Sorry for delay, been away (me I mean, not the NtO ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom