Parking at Gatwick?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

agatward

Car
A150 SE
All,

I am off on holidays next week and unfortunately our local buses don't run down to the railway station at the time I need to be there, so I'm probably going to have to drive to Gatwick.

Has anyone any experiences with some of the parking companies there - are any of them good or are there ones to avoid? I'm not so keen on the ones that require you to hand your keys over! I will be away for a week, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance,

Andy.

Not Gatwick, but did for East Midands and it was no prob at all.

I used Holidays Extras at Gatwick (via BA website), no probs at all :)

Very reasonable

For a week you can sometimes get reasonable deals on the multi-storey. Forget what they call that one. Basically the car park adjoined to the South Terminal Building. Walk out the car park into the terminal, no buses. Not dingey, reasonable size spaces. Make sure you pre-book though, prices on the barrier are steep.

The next best and better budget option is the Parking Express car park, South Terminal again. Park outside, buses run frequently to the terminal, only a few minutes ride, hardly any time at all. You keep the keys of course. I paid about £60 for 12 days in July, pre-booked.

HTH
Graham

EDIT: Think it may have been booked throguh Holiday Extras, recall seeing that on my voucher.

EDIT: TO be clear, this car park is very much on the terminal site.

Last edited:
If buses don't run down to the station (I am assuming you mean Reading) - why not get a taxi to the station..

Haven't used Gatwick for a while (though I parked at Heathrow a week or so ago). At Gatwick the long stay car parks are sited a few miles away but coaches leave back to the airport at frequent intervals. Just go to the BAA website to find out all the relevant details, it's all well layed out:

http://www.baa.com/

All,

I am off on holidays next week and unfortunately our local buses don't run down to the railway station at the time I need to be there, so I'm probably going to have to drive to Gatwick.

Has anyone any experiences with some of the parking companies there - are any of them good or are there ones to avoid? I'm not so keen on the ones that require you to hand your keys over! I will be away for a week, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance,

Andy.
Use this site for carpark charge comparisons.

http://www.compare-airport-parking.co.uk/index.html

Use APH regularly (but it is a hand the keys over firm) have never had a problem with them & got a free valet service last time :)

and Gatwick is one of the most expensive in the UK, if not the world !

Plan to use APH next week for one week...£56.

Never used them before so it will be an experience...don't plan to use the Benz though !!

Try a quote with this firm.

Should be able to get 10% off using Offer Code: BN324

Not sure if they are cheap to start off with though but worth a try.

Edit: I think the link I posted already has discount applied

Last edited:

I used the "hand over the keys and we'll park it for you service" whatever that's called (they also bring the car back to the terminal for you on arrival). I didn't opt for the valet service which is at extra cost (can't have any old numpty washing my car :rolleyes: ), but it was absolutely caked with bird droppings - so had obviously spent 2 weeks under a large tree!

I used the "hand over the keys and we'll park it for you service" whatever that's called (they also bring the car back to the terminal for you on arrival). I didn't opt for the valet service which is at extra cost (can't have any old numpty washing my car :rolleyes: ), but it was absolutely caked with bird droppings - so had obviously spent 2 weeks under a large tree!

Check your mileage........ nice taxi..lol

Holiday extras is the best, I use them 4-5 times a year, and have done for years. It is a key hand over system, but I`ve never had a problem, they`re always the cheapest as well .Good luck.

Hi All,

I always use BCP (www.bcponline - I thnk). I always use their meet n greet service and it has always been superb. Drive to deprtures and they take your car and then are always waiting for me at arrivals when I get back.

Worth a try

I will NEVER leave my car with car park that needs the keys.

At the LEAST you car will be drven by someone else a distance to a densly packed car park. This may or may not be a glorified field.

A friend of mine runs a small parking/transfer arrangement just by Gatwick. Family outfit, all customers are referral only, away from the main terminals.

PM for details if you like.

I'm not normally a train fan but from Reading it's a direct line to Gatwick, only 1 hour 16mins at quickest, and there is a special group travel ticket for up to 4-people that costs very little, it's amazing value and avoids any road delay worries plus parking costs. If the times work out for you it's a no-brainer. I don't know why its not advertised more. www.thetrainline.com has times but you need to book at the station for the sp. group price ticket. I feel like a trainspotter now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom