Parking at Heathrow Term 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
Hi All,

I have googled but no success.

I need to park one of my cherished cars at Heathrow for a few days at Terminal 3 short stay later this year, which is a self park and undercover - essential to me. I would never use one of those meet & greet type... got the T shirt.

I am really nervous parking this car at an airport, never done it before and i know it will draw unwanted attention. It does parked anywhere.

So my question is, what is the rule on covering the car? I realise this will probably draw even more attention, but the chances of someone going to the extent of removing the cover etc seems a bit more unlikely.

Normally i would go back home and swap cars and leave a "normal" car in the car park, just don't have the time on this occasion.

I will probably just ring them tomorrow. Thought a group of like minded enthusiasts might have had the same thought before.

Cheers!

Could you find some private parking near to Heathrow then taxi in? There are a few websites where people rent their drive out so you may find someone with a garage for rent where your car won't be on view?

I'd park in Car Park 1A. Its the overflow car park and isn't heavily used as much as the others. If you are fortunate, you can even get a single bay between 2 pillars so no door dings chance. Don't think anyone will bother with the car cover as you take a ticket at the entrance barriers anyways. Could just leave the front uncovered enough to show the number plate?

As ToeKnee mentioned, there is also a QPark nearby on bath road after premier inn too.

Could you find some private parking near to Heathrow then taxi in? There are a few websites where people rent their drive out so you may find someone with a garage for rent where your car won't be on view?
I have a few friends and family in the area with driveways, but id rather not bother them.

If it comes to it, I may do that, just so i can relax when Im away!

While I don't have a cherished car, I still am very careful parking at Heathrow.

I no longer ever use valet parking or any parking where the keys don't go with me.

I often use the short stay for convenience but in reality lots use it for quick pick ups etc. This means there is more chance of scratched from trolleys or people lifting luggage into their cars next to you. When used, I always use floors away from the main communication corridor. This car park has high volumes of cars going in/out

I have not started to prefer business parking or long stay. Aside from being cheaper (not bothered if my company are paying), the footfall is way lower. You often arrive to find the same care around you.

Specifically for T3 the long stay is too far away. Business parking is acceptable.

Overall, I just would not park a cherished car in the airport. But what's the definition of cherished. If it was a 200k singer 911, no way. If its of modest value why not

I think a cover will bring more attention.

Cherished car and airport car park would not sit comfortably with me.

Take a lesser car (still a nice Merc)or get one of your lads to drive you.

There are a couple of short/long term car storage places near Heathrow, unfortunately the names escape me at the moment.

You can park with them and they’ll take you to the airport and pick you up on return. I enquired with one of them and their prices worked out roughly the same as official Heathrow parking.

Worth a shot…

Just an observation, but you say 'short stay' and 'for a few days'. LHR's short stays are really meant for meeting arrivals and the like, just an hour or two. Yes you can stay there for a few days buit it will cost you £88 per day :eek:

Just an observation, but you say 'short stay' and 'for a few days'. LHR's short stays are really meant for meeting arrivals and the like, just an hour or two. Yes you can stay there for a few days buit it will cost you £88 per day :eek:

I think he may have been referring to the 'mid term' stay car park, where you'd park your car if going away for a few days or a couple of weeks etc.

We went away for a few weeks last month, had the Mercedes booked for the long stay but last minute changed it to the Kia runaround, was like Tetris trying to get all the bags in but we did it! didn't worry so much about it when we went away.

Thanks. Its the short stay adjacent to the terminal, £190 for the 4.5 days

Thanks. Its the short stay adjacent to the terminal, £190 for the 4.5 days
Bargain
biggrin.gif

I fly from Heathrow regularly and always took the car. Then realised with a little more time ir is far easier to catch a coach. Drops me at the coach station between terminals 2 and 3, a short 10 minute walk and I am at departures. Car parking at Heathrow is getting prohibitive and as the airport is now inside the clean air zone even worse. I live in Bristol and the coach fair is about half the parking and no fuel used. maybe worth a look at if you have a bit more time and are not in a rush.

I know... i remember the one time we didnt pre book as it was a last minute emergency trip... £300 that time and we had to park at a different terminal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom