Parking Charge Notice - Parked over 2 hours

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Just got home tonight to be greeted to a Parking Charge Notice from 'ParkingEye' because I had parked for 3 Hours 28mins at a Welcome Break when there is a limit of 2 hours :doh::wallbash:

The letter includes a mugshot of my car entering and then exiting.

It says £60 if paid before Thursday 15th March.

I was meeting someone and was in the cafe - as a customer the whole time (paid cash though, so no receipt)

Ive never had anything like this before, do I go ahead and pay it? do I fight it? anyone have any suggestions?

There is an appeals address/email address and at the top of the letter it has loads of logos: Member of the British Parking Association etc.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Ignore it. They might send a few follow up letters with threats of court action, but continue to ignore and they'll go away eventually.

Don't get into a correspondence, don't acknowledge them in any way. Do not use the address/email address at the head of the letter. IGNORE.

Thanks guys, im reading through various pages like THIS

Im just scared that it will build up and up and up then im faced with a £2000 fine or somthing.

Looking through the posts it says they have no legal right at all.

Thanks guys, im reading through various pages like THIS

Im just scared that it will build up and up and up then im faced with a £2000 fine or somthing.

Looking through the posts it says they have no legal right at all.

They may (or may not) send some scary sounding letters threatening you with legal action etc. As long as you ignore them you'll be fine.

The thread on MSE is a good one. It should put your mind at rest. (EDIT: actually that thread is rubbish, there are much better threads on there and all will tell you to ignore.)

My husband got one of these last year (driving back from his Mum's funeral 400 miles away, he fell asleep in a MOTO car park after buying food there). We ignored them and they only sent 2 letters before giving up.

The people who really get harrassed by them are the ones who pay thinking they can then appeal, or the ones who start writing to them.

IGNORE!

Last edited:
I'd pay the fine otherwise Mocas will be along soon to point out the error of your ways in not paying the 'fine'....

Ignore it. My son got one from them in similar circumstances to yourself. We followed advice and never acknowledged anything but kept the letters just in case. He got the "final warning" letter in August last year which we also ignored, nothing heard since then.

Mrs Sp!ke got one of these the other day at a supermarket.

She did a massive £250+ foodshop in said supermarket and in doing so, overstayed the permissable 90 minutes and received a penalty charge in the post for £60. You'd have thought she would be the model shopper and this type of custom they'd welcome with open arms.

Cheeky barstewards...

We've ignored it - I think they have no option but to crawl under the rock they came out from under.

Last edited:
wifey got one of these the other day at a supermarket.

She did a massive £250+ foodshop in said supermarket and in doing so, overstayed the permissable 90 minutes and received a penalty charge in the post for £60. You'd have thought she would be the model shopper and this type of custom they'd welcome with open arms.

Cheeky barstewards...

We've ignored it - I think they have no option but to crawl under the rock they came out from under.

Keep us updated!

Ive just been in contact with the person I met on the day in question and they have recived the very same letter. I have given them the links above :D

Just an FYI that parking eye threatened to sue MBClub over content in a similar thread such as this.

Because they were being exposed as toothless frauds ?

See mt threads on this...

Wifes currently on her second at a different parking place and I'm waiting for all the letters etc...

The first one went away... Currently on the 2nd letter for the second parking issue and waiting for the debt collector one..

I'd pay the fine otherwise Mocas will be along soon to point out the error of your ways in not paying the 'fine'....

I understand that these "parking charge notices" are unenforceable.

What I don't understand is why the people that denounce companies such as Parking Eye as "scammers", "cowboys" and "villains" still give their business to the shops that have contracted those very companies to conduct this activity on their premises.

Surely your best form of protest would be to boycott any shop where these companies operate; otherwise, you're basically just subsidising them.

I understand that these "parking charge notices" are unenforceable.

What I don't understand is why the people that denounce companies such as Parking Eye as "scammers", "cowboys" and "villains" still give their business to the shops that have contracted those very companies to conduct this activity on their premises.

Surely your best form of protest would be to boycott any shop where these companies operate; otherwise, you're basically just subsidising them.

Yep, after this I will NEVER use that service station again. I have been 'fined' for being a customer who actually stayed on site for more than one Coffee. :wallbash:

By the logic of that place, if I needed to sleep for a couple of hours instead of driving while tired I would be breaking their parking rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom