Parking charge notice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What does their signage say about a "waiting" time limit as i would imagine there must be something or anyone dropping off or picking up would be getting a letter ?

Tell them you felt unwell so had to stop for a break , tell them you had to answer a very important phone call and had to stop in order to take it , tell them the car was overheating and had to stop to let it cool down before continuing on your way , tell them there was a police "incident" in the carpark and you decided to move on rather than potentially get caught up in something.

Either one of the above or just pay the £40 and put it down to being annoyingly ripped off and in the future eat elsewhere in protest.

FWIW i would fork out the £40 knowing it had been put to bed.

K

I think the usual is that a customer enters their reg and that cancels any charge raised by the APNR.
But tbh I haven't encountered that method personally.
Yea I've seen a few of those. In one pub they asked and in another they had the number plate machine in the pub for self service

Yea I've seen a few of those. In one pub they asked and in another they had the number plate machine in the pub for self service
These pubs are often near schools where the yummy dummy mummys arrive an hour before school's out to collect their............
Also near beauty spots where there is no other parking or people won't put a couple of quid in a meter.
I have long said "I'm not paranoid, they really are out to get me."

To me it's just another example of too many people competing for too little space.

Except this is in Scotland - north of the central belt - away from the major cities - nothing like the space problems you have in parts of England.

Maybe there are some local issues specific to the area - such as local offices with limited parking. (Though these days with so many people WFH then that is less likely tobe a current issue).

Reactions: m80
I am confused. So you parked at a private car park of a pub, didn't pay for parking nor used the facilities and now complain about the ticket. Now you say you won't go back - it seems like they are the ones that didn't lose out on anything really.
Read the very first post

That is exactly why they do it, easy £.

I just paid the £60 and have notched it up to experience, will put a bad review on trip advisor and never use that place again
Frustrating but not no longer consuming your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom