Parking Chelsea Royal Marsden

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IanA2

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL60 AMG, GES300, Lexus GS 430
I'm hoping somebody might have some local knowledge that will help me find somewhere to park a reasonable cab ride from the Royal M.

I have to be there next week and given I can't use the train, it seems the best idea is to find a spot nearby.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Car Parking in Hammersmith | Kings Mall then tube to South Ken & then a pleasant 5 minute walk.

Will have to remember that as it's quite reasonably priced, although what's the traffic like at the moment with the Hammersmith flyover being shut?

Fulham Broadway Car Park is about a mile away from the Hospital but I think the parking charges although reasonable for London is more than at Hammersmith. The Millenium Copthorne at Stamford Bridge also has parking (again about a mile away from the hospital).

Now that Albert Bridge is open, you could park in Battersea Park, for £2.00 an hour, up to 4 hours (£8.00).

Or you could park for free at Tesco Earls Court on the corner of West Cromwell Road and Warwick Road, or go further down the Cromwell Road and park at Sainsburys (although the car park less spacious than Tesco).

There is no parking convenient to the Marsden (I lived just around the corner for 25 years), Chris's suggestion of Tesco or Sainsburys or Battersea Park sensible if you can get there and back within two hours, otherwise there are a reasonable number of meters in Chelsea Square at the back of the hospital. From Fulham Broadway you can catch the Number 14 or 414 bus straight to the hospital, or it is a 10 min taxi ride.

Whatever you do, watch your timing if parking on a road. The wardens are ubiquitous and will show no mercy.

Be careful if using Sainsbury's car park - it's operated by Euro Car Parks so you're likely to get a ticket if you leave your car there for more than whatever the allotted time is (although you could just ignore it, as per the other thread).

Be careful if using Sainsbury's car park - it's operated by Euro Car Parks so you're likely to get a ticket if you leave your car there for more than whatever the allotted time is (although you could just ignore it, as per the other thread).

I'm pretty certain you also need to spend a minimum of something like £5 in store too? (I think the Tesco's is the same also?) Makes sense to use a proper car park if you're going to be more than an hour or so...

I'm pretty certain you also need to spend a minimum of something like £5 in store too? (I think the Tesco's is the same also?) Makes sense to use a proper car park if you're going to be more than an hour or so...

That may be the case, but there are no barriers on the car park and you don't have to buy or take a ticket when parking. In fact, I've never seen anyone patrolling it on either the upper or lower level, but the signs are there, so I would expect them to issue some kind of penalty for overstaying.

Also, I think some of the upper level spaces may be reserved for Point West residents.

That may be the case, but there are no barriers on the car park and you don't have to buy or take a ticket when parking. In fact, I've never seen anyone patrolling it on either the upper or lower level, but the signs are there, so I would expect them to issue some kind of penalty for overstaying.

Also, I think some of the upper level spaces may be reserved for Point West residents.

Hmmm, will have to have a look next time I'm passing.

Many thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

The coconut goes to A-AvantGarde who helpfully pointed out that the Millenium Copthorne was only a spit away. Ideally situated, it's a pretty cheap hotel for London and the parking charges are reasonable, a Pound an hour for guests.

The overnight stay will make it a more relaxing trip.

Thanks again for all the input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom