Parking Etiquette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't park in parent and child bays, I'm merely pondering the arguement that they're unnecessary, and most abuse in my experience is by those who have children.

To keep everyone happy then.

All supermakets should have costco (read American Dodge pickup size bays). No diffenet for anyone unless a blue badge holder.

I would be happy with that :)

I have children and have never expected to receive special treatment because I made that choice, can you follow that?

Neither have I.

Have you made your feelings about these parking spaces known to the supermarkets?

Can we get bays for fat people to park in so they can open their doors fully to get out of their cars without smashing into someone else's ?

It's not the doors touching that's the issue it's the 30 stones resting on it as they clamber out.

Someone on here once stated that he felt the P&C bays should be at the other end of the supermarket so that the kids could get the exercise walking to the store.
I just wonder if they were how many would actually be used?

Had a friend who parked in a P&C bay - no child present. When a woman berated him he pointed to his blue badge - looked at her and asked what exactly was her problem.

She slinked away.

cos of the cancer i cant walk very far so i cant wait till someone complains to me that i park in a parent and toddler space im technically classed as disabled (i have the same rights) but can not get a blue badge if i had a blue badge i would use it in any available space not just the disabled ones :)

Why mention the model vehicle the lady was driving, unless Range Rover ownership marks you as a certain type?

It seems to. On Sunday I watched a local woman park her RR in a disabled space at Tesco's...no disablement, no badge.

i must be giving mercedes drivers a really bad name atm then! i always straddle 2 parking spaces in my local supermarket
Make a habit of lifting the wipers on any car I see doing that - as I walk past from the far side of the car park where the is plenty of space.:devil:

Plenty of space to open the doors wide and get kids out there as well - how did we survive 20 years ago!:devil::D

Last edited:
These arguments always split into two camps - those with kids who love the privileges that procreating affords them and to hell with everyone else, and those who are not encumbered by kids who are forced to endure everything that inconsiderate families thrust in their face! It's life - literally - and I have long since got on with mine in spite of it...

Last edited:
^ While I agree its nice to use the bays, if I drive past with the spogs in and none are their its hardly the end of the world and if I do see a single driver park I don't say anything. Little point these days you just get a mouth full anyway....not what I want my kids to hear.

As you say just get on with it.

Taking up two bay though...... Now Don't get me started, I thought this was a mercedes forum not a BMW one :)

I'm working on the basis that even a Range Rover driver wouldn't tell someone to F Off so they could be inconsiderate themselves -though I suppose it's possible :dk:

She drives a Range Rover, remember!

:D

You mentioned she was a female. You didn't say if she had a child with her.

Well, I am male , and I quite often have my young son with me , thus entitling me to use the parent & child spaces .

I once shouted loudly at a lone male who was taking the last parent & child space in my local Tesco's , despite there being lots of normal spaces available : since numerous others started looking disapprovingly , he sheepishly gave a wave of apology - and moved !

I would rather leave than take either a disabled or parent & child space I was not entitled to .

Best course of action for OP would be to write to store head office and complain about insufficient parking .

It seems to. On Sunday I watched a local woman park her RR in a disabled space at Tesco's...no disablement, no badge.

It is the person driving that has the selfish attitude, nothing to do with their choice of vehicle. Selfish drivers are found in all makes of cars, including Mercedes as aptly demonstrated here.

Make a habit of lifting the wipers on any car I see doing that - as I walk past from the far side of the car park where the is plenty of space.:devil:

Plenty of space to open the doors wide and get kids out there as well - how did we survive 20 years ago!:devil::D

The kids were thinner then.:)

cos of the cancer i cant walk very far so i cant wait till someone complains to me that i park in a parent and toddler space im technically classed as disabled (i have the same rights) but can not get a blue badge if i had a blue badge i would use it in any available space not just the disabled ones :)

You can have a blue badge, have you tried applying for one.

Well, I am male , and I quite often have my young son with me , thus entitling me to use the parent & child spaces .

I once shouted loudly at a lone male who was taking the last parent & child space in my local Tesco's , despite there being lots of normal spaces available : since numerous others started looking disapprovingly , he sheepishly gave a wave of apology - and moved !

I would rather leave than take either a disabled or parent & child space I was not entitled to .

Best course of action for OP would be to write to store head office and complain about insufficient parking .

I was only enquiring whether the lady had a child with her or not...it wasn't gender specific except in relation to the OP.

I know I'm probably about to open myself up to more than a little derision but these are all issues for you surely, why should your decision to have children and that you take them with you to the shops impact upon those of us who don't ability to park closer to the doors?

In some cases , we don't 'decide' to have children - however the offspring of a 'happy accident' decide to choose us as parents :D

What's interesting here is the clear division and anger caused by what the PC camp term "positive discrimination".

Providing quality-of-life enhancing parking facilities for those who are blighted with mobility problems is only offensive to the most rabidly selfish in society, but "parent & child" parking bays? What's that all about?

Consider your likely response if, instead of "parent & child", the bays were marked "White's Only" or "'Black's Only" (or, for that matter, "Any Nationality You Can Think of Only"). Would you be arguing that it was reasonable and that there were clear merits to such a policy or would you consider it to be discriminatory?

Somewhere along the line, the plot was lost long ago :mad:

Just drive to Lidl instead, always plenty of room there :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom