Parking Etiquette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"The parents could possibly teach their "Little Prince / Princess" how to cross a road in a slow traffic environment before letting them loose on the public highway"

I'd love to go to your car park our local seems to be a mini race track not a to place for my two year old to learn how to play with traffic.

"I think supermarkets should be forced to have carparks with bollarded walkways as has been said earlier in this discussion, with pedestrian crossings across the access road if necessary. P&C spaces at the far end of the carpark (it is not a disability to have children)."

I can't agree more, better walkways and front door parking for disabled. That way maybe people in a rush will park where their suppose to and not come up with lame excuses for been inconsiderate. (there were no other spaces)

I didn't say mine was like that I said it should be as they all should.:thumb: BTW at 2 years old my children were still holding my hand when walking not running around loose. IE they were under MY control, therefore impossible for them to run out under the wheels of a car.
If your 2 year old is allowed to run riot near traffic then sorry but social services number is available online. Learn to look after your child it is yours after all.;)

Stands in front of wall with blindfold on waiting the first shot for being truthful but harsh.

I do look after my child as best as I can but like all two year olds the desire to run is strong that is why when I park down the back I carry him to and from my car. My point is that people in car parks don't know how to drive slowly. And its not just the usual suspects it other parents, oldies and suits in fact most people that's why they put P&Cs near the front.

" IE they were under MY control, therefore impossible for them to run out under the wheels of a car." That is what we all think until there's an accident

I do look after my child as best as I can but like all two year olds the desire to run is strong that is why when I park down the back I carry him to and from my car. My point is that people in car parks don't know how to drive slowly. And its not just the usual suspects it other parents, oldies and suits in fact most people that's why they put P&Cs near the front.

" IE they were under MY control, therefore impossible for them to run out under the wheels of a car." That is what we all think until there's an accident

Both mine managed to survive to grow into grunting teenagers and beyond, sometimes they even speak to me now!:) Whole conversations have been known to happen. We used to use child harnesses and reigns back in the day though, stops the little b**gers doing a runner.:D I do agree with you though some people treat car parks as private races tracks and perhaps it is them that should be penalised not someone who has the temerity to turn up shopping without the whole family in tow.

I guess I just don't understand why someone would want to have the hassle of taking kids to a supermarket, I am talking about those who go Mum, Dad & the kids. Why can't Mum or Dad stay at home with the kids instead of all going? It's probably why some adults with no kids are so pi*sed off they race out of the car park anyway.

I guess I just don't understand why someone would want to have the hassle of taking kids to a supermarket, I am talking about those who go Mum, Dad & the kids. Why can't Mum or Dad stay at home with the kids instead of all going? It's probably why some adults with no kids are so pi*sed off they race out of the car park anyway.

Because the modern mantra is that EVERYWHERE should be treated as a kids playground. :doh:

You've seen those kids would you wanna be alone in small house with them ;)

Went to the local supermarket today. Had some difficulty finding a parking space, but eventually parked up at possibly the furthest point from the door. After a very long trek was nearly mown down by 4x4 mum who swept into her VIP P/C space at the main door. Out spilled the little ones, three of them, and their shopping fun began. It was our misfortune of timing that mum and riotous family more or less followed us around the aisles. It was bedlam - shouting, screeching, running around, touching everything - raised eyebrows by just about everyone else and a member of staff literally following behind clearing up the debris.
Everyone else in the store was going about their business quietly - good to know, I reflected, that those who weren't have been elevated to such a privileged status over the rest of us...

Went to the local supermarket today. Had some difficulty finding a parking space, but eventually parked up at possibly the furthest point from the door. After a very long trek was nearly mown down by 4x4 mum who swept into her VIP P/C space at the main door. Out spilled the little ones, three of them, and their shopping fun began. It was our misfortune of timing that mum and riotous family more or less followed us around the aisles. It was bedlam - shouting, screeching, running around, touching everything - raised eyebrows by just about everyone else and a member of staff literally following behind clearing up the debris.
Everyone else in the store was going about their business quietly - good to know, I reflected, that those who weren't have been elevated to such a privileged status over the rest of us...

That to me is more selfish than a single person nicking a P & C space. Can't stand uncontrolled children. It happens in cafes and restaurants more & more too. I often wonder what the reaction of a parent would be if their child ended up with boiling coffee over them. Who's fault would it be, theirs for not controlling the child or the poor waiter / waitress who just fell over the child. Would they try and sue the eatery, probably nowadays. :wallbash:

In a decent establishment , they would be asked to leave .

You can have a blue badge, have you tried applying for one.

no i just assumed that as im on the mend i would not be entitled im hoping to be in remission in 3 months.. may look into it now tho

no i just assumed that as im on the mend i would not be entitled im hoping to be in remission in 3 months.. may look into it now tho

You are well into remission already.

iirc, you can have a blue badge for up to 12months after treatment.

In a decent establishment , they would be asked to leave .

Yes, I can see it now. Within 24 hours, tearful mum would be on telly -- blah, blah, nasty supermarket man threw us all out, blah, blah, the kids weren't doing nuffin, blah, blah, they're only kids, never done anyone any harm, kids are kids ain't they?
Sorry, kids are 100 per cent untouchable these days...

Arriving at Waitrose the other saturday .... pick up said Sandwich ingredients ... and i'm off...

If Mrs Nicey isn't at home making sandwiches why isn't she doing the shopping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom