Parking Etiquette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Nicey

Car
SL320 V6
Arriving at Waitrose the other saturday with a simple plan of picking up a large poppy seeded bloomer, some cheese and cucumber to make a real kick ass sandiwch I find to my horror the car park is almost full.

Two spaces left. One for Mother and Babies and the other for Handicapped drivers / X5 owners club.

so after a moments thought I decide to park in the M and B space and reverse in with a nice 11 foot space either side of me.

pick up said Sandwich ingredients a 10 mins later and put the green token in the cub scouts hall rebuild and i'm off.

I then get the hot air treatment from a rather irate female Range Rover owner who cant park, because "thoughtless pricks" like me take all the space.

I explained there wasnt any space left on arrival and she said take your stupid car and f.off.

I said take your thyroid problem and f..k off.

apologies to any real thyroid sufferers.

future reference -

what do you do ?

to be fair i would have waited for a normal space or parked elsewhere nearby..

Or just pass by another supermarket!

No.

Not driving to another supermarket. Thats just a bit too silly. Thought the Mothers bay was the lesser evil.

If there were no other spaces available then tough luck to her.

Those spaces are a convenience - not a right IMO.

Blue bays are another thing altogether.

Unfortunately her reaction is becoming more widespread as people become more consumed by there own importance. She's probably the type who becomes vociferous and abusive when in the '10 items or less' queue and discovers to her horror and dismay that the person in front has eleven items.

Unfortunately her reaction is becoming more widespread as people become more consumed by there own importance. She's probably the type who becomes vociferous and abusive when in the '10 items or less' queue and discovers to her horror and dismay that the person in front has eleven items.

That is outrageous, surely it should be 10 items or fewer !

:D

Which part of "Parking for Mother and Baby" didn't you understand?

The clue is in your own thread title.

Last edited:
You mentioned she was a female. You didn't say if she had a child with her.

You mentioned she was a female. You didn't say if she had a child with her.

I'm working on the basis that even a Range Rover driver wouldn't tell someone to F Off so they could be inconsiderate themselves -though I suppose it's possible :dk:

Funnily enough this happened to me but the other way round the other week with a Lexus Hybrid 4x4.

I had all three children in with me and he nipped into the last parent & child space at sainsburys, whilst staring straight at me.

To cut a long story short, although initially quite aggressive for a tree hugging, sandal wearing Lexus driver, he reversed out a bit sharpish once I had made him see the error of his ways. ;)

IMHO you should have waited, how many parking bays had a supermarket and how much longer would you have had to wait really?

Speaking as someone who has a 4 year old and 5 month old, trying to get them / pram / trolley / shopping all in the car you want life AS easy as possible.

In a 'normal' bay it's very difficult to open the door wide enough to get the baby seat in and clicked down.

I'm pretty sure You knew you were wrong hence the post, you would have enjoyed the sandwich even more had you parked correctly.

Ps you mentioned you said f...off?

No need to stoop to their level, even more so if RR driver had sprigs in the car

Two wrongs don't make a right!

Speaking as someone who had a 1, 2 and 3 year old at the same time...what's the problem? Never had them 20 years ago...never needed them.

IMHO you should have waited, how many parking bays had a supermarket and how much longer would you have had to wait really?

Speaking as someone who has a 4 year old and 5 month old, trying to get them / pram / trolley / shopping all in the car you want life AS easy as possible.

In a 'normal' bay it's very difficult to open the door wide enough to get the baby seat in and clicked down.

I'm pretty sure You knew you were wrong hence the post, you would have enjoyed the sandwich even more had you parked correctly.

+1, I would have waited too. We also have two kids.

Not sure where about in Surrey you were, but if it was the Frimley/Camberley Waitrose, I've often had to wait a few minutes to park as their carpark is tiny.

Speaking as someone who had a 1, 2 and 3 year old at the same time...what's the problem? Never had them 20 years ago...never needed them.

I didn't know they had supermarkets in the olden days....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom