parking fees in oxford up again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ckember

Car
GLC 350d AMG Premium plus
Public parking has gone up by £0.50 to £5.00 for 3 hours in the center of town. This is according to the council is required due to increased costs. The £0.50 rise is likely to occur every year for the next few years.

Their justification is that if they don't do this now they will cut other services. what Cr*p they just want to stop the car as always.

As a service engineer I need to park close to the uni, this now cannot happen as all the spaces near the uni are metered and only last a few hours.

Central London meters are £1 for ten minutes. Consider yourselves lucky.
And thats AFTER youve paid at least £8 just to get there..............

I have that problem too as i have customers all over the country. At least the traffic inside the congestion zone is fairly clear. I pay nearly £30 to park outside the congestion zone so that I have my equipment near by. I cannot use public transport 90% of the time.

The last time I drove into Central Oxford must have been at least 15 years ago - and even then it was blatantly obvious that Oxford was anti-car.
It had the first park and ride schemes which I ever encountered.

Car parks here are 80pence for 2 Hrs.

Even worse we have some great 'driving' roads with fantastic sceenary!

:eek: :D

I pay 50p for an hours parking.:bannana: :bannana: :D and no congestion charge or wheel clamps either.

Car parks here are 80pence for 2 Hrs.

Even worse we have some great 'driving' roads with fantastic sceenary!

:eek: :D

Ah yes......glorious part of the UK along with the Dales National Park in North Yorkshire. Gods best work..........

I have that problem too as i have customers all over the country. At least the traffic inside the congestion zone is fairly clear. I pay nearly £30 to park outside the congestion zone so that I have my equipment near by. I cannot use public transport 90% of the time.

This is where communists like Ken Livingstone and Oxford Council show their complete ignorance of the real world. In which people like service engineers, or surveyors like me could not use public transport if we were paid to, because we have tools, ladders, etc. to carry around with us.

I think it should be mandatory for all politicians to have been successfully employed in the real world for at least 5 years before being eligile for public office.

On-street car parking and parking in Council Car Parks here in Angus, Scotland is..... Free!!! Fancy that :)

This is where communists like Ken Livingstone and Oxford Council show their complete ignorance of the real world. In which people like service engineers, or surveyors like me could not use public transport if we were paid to, because we have tools, ladders, etc. to carry around with us.
I think it would be amusing if all the workmen who have to venture into these forbidden lands used the bus. Imagine the scene, row of window cleaners with ladders getting onto a bus, or mechanics complete with Snapon Tool Chests. :D:D:D

In Chester the city council increased the parking fees last year because the revenue was down as fewer people were using the parking!

don't park then just jump out at the traffic lights lift the bonnet and put your hazards on ..........

I think it would be amusing if all the workmen who have to venture into these forbidden lands used the bus. Imagine the scene, row of window cleaners with ladders getting onto a bus, or mechanics complete with Snapon Tool Chests. :D:D:D

they did that at our place bus tokens to get you to the job ... the labourer took the hand cart

Charming...

thanks for the heads up; going into Oxford all next week!

dont feel so bad about not paying me pcn then............:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom