Parking guidance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simba23

Car
c220 cdi
I have the new c coupe and have noticed that when you parallel park the car attempts to guide you into the parking spot. Then suddenly beeps and says parking guidance cancelled.

Can anyone shed some light on this feature?

thanks

My manual just says that if Parktronic can no longer guide you, then it'll deactivate itself.

I'd guess that something you did went a little too far and the computer couldn't sort it out.

I have parktronic, but I've never used it yet.

I have the new c coupe and have noticed that when you parallel park the car attempts to guide you into the parking spot. Then suddenly beeps and says parking guidance cancelled.

Can anyone shed some light on this feature?

thanks

That is a feature of the car. It is called park assist.

Have a look at the video, it is a cls but it operates in the same way as the c class:

CLS550 Park Assist - YouTube

I have it too on my E Class Coupe and cannot fathom it out.
I keen meaning to go into a dealer to get it explained....I must just be thick!!

Is this standard on C Coupe? I have the 'P' with the arrow come up but didn't know what it was.

I have the 'P' with the arrow come up but didn't know what it was.

The arrow next to 'p' indicates whether a suitable parallel parking space has been found on the left or right of the vehicle.

Is this standard on C Coupe? I have the 'P' with the arrow come up but didn't know what it was.

It is. I don't rate it. By the time you look at the instructions and try to make sense of them you may as well do it your self. :wallbash:

The arrow next to 'p' indicates whether a suitable parallel parking space has been found on the left or right of the vehicle.

The arrow will always point toward the left, except for if you're indicating right, when it'll look for car-sized gaps on the right.

This is the beauty of this forum, I never knew I had this... :) But your probably right SmartMac, quicker to do it yourself!

This is the beauty of this forum, I never knew I had this... :) But your probably right SmartMac, quicker to do it yourself!

There is loads of superfluous technology in cars nowadays and this is one of them. It cost Mercedes next to nothing because it uses sensors which are already there for other reasons. I don't mind them and I guess they might be useful for some people.

All I want really is for me to be able to scroll through my albums on my iPhone over bluetooth! And for it to show artwork! :mad:

All I want really is for me to be able to scroll through my albums on my iPhone over bluetooth! And for it to show artwork! :mad:

£35 for a 64Gb USB Key so you can put all your music in one place and you can forget about the bluetooth streaming on the iphone.

I've got a 4gb memory stick in at the minute, can you shuffle across all folders?

I've got a 4gb memory stick in at the minute, can you shuffle across all folders?

I am pretty sure you can. I have got a 16gb but I have connected an external 128gb HDD and it works although the HDD is a bit temperamental. Once 64GB come down in price a little more, I will definitely put one in.

Artwork is not shown for all albums for me. I rip CDs using itunes but only the art work on the ones I have put it manually on itunes shows in the car.

Thanks for all your responses. I have pressed ok to start guidance and the display inside the speedo shows a steering wheel just like in the youtube video, but nothing else happens.
Am i doing something wrong here?

I seem to remember from when I was reading up on options pre-order that there was Parking Guidance, which showed you curved lines to follow as you reversed, and Advanced Parking Guidance which does it for you. Perhaps yours is the former? Parktronic is the beepers/warning lights which are pretty much standard on everything these days, and those will work whether you use the guidance or not.

Since I gave it a try, I use the advanced guidance every Sunday (the only day I need to parallel park) and it makes me smile every time, very sci-fi :D

It is. I don't rate it. By the time you look at the instructions and try to make sense of them you may as well do it your self. :wallbash:

Does your steering wheel move automatically like the video? I had to turn mine to fill the arrow. I agree...it's quicker to do it yourself.

mine doesnt move the wheel automatically either, i have to turn it to fill the arrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom