Parking in Brighton! Idiots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IMD

Car
1997 SL500
Well, after having mt SL500 for 3 weeks, the bumper has already been scraped by some idiot parking, someone has burnt a hole in the soft top and now this morning I awake to see this clever bit of parking by some other dodgem driver.

A few minor scratches and I left a rather sarcastic note on their windscreen....they didn't leave anything on mine when they decided to drive off.

Oh well....roadside parking at its best. Time to clear the garage and see if I can squeeze the car in!

Ian

Attachments

• car bump.jpg
    car bump.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 398
Was she good looking..........??

I need some kind of attachment that you can put on and take of..with large spikes or something!

Seriously, with what you have written above and that picture, i'd be body slamming someone on their own bonnet.. The funny thing is that im not even an angry/violent person, but seeing and hearing things like this makes me irate..

In general 90% of people are idiots. I had someone do that to me when I was driving an older Volvo company car. Stuck her in reverse and shoved them out of the way.

Fortunately I didn't see them doing..I would have exchanged some harsh words.

There were folded up chequered rugs on each seat..so maybe it was an elderly person, with eyesight and spatial awareness problems!

They are probably driving around with my note still attached to their windscreen

I know, she was French - from Paris!

On a serious note, I did notice is the towns and villages as I travelled through France, that almost every car had dings and scrapes along the doors and bumpers. Parking like this must be commonplace to them.

Russ

It is & that's why I mentioned it. Parking in Paris in particular is done by touch. Humour is the only way I could deal with this unless I got violent.......

Well, after having mt SL500 for 3 weeks, the bumper has already been scraped by some idiot parking, someone has burnt a hole in the soft top and now this morning I awake to see this clever bit of parking by some other dodgem driver.

A few minor scratches and I left a rather sarcastic note on their windscreen....they didn't leave anything on mine when they decided to drive off.

Oh well....roadside parking at its best. Time to clear the garage and see if I can squeeze the car in!

Ian

I have a few pre-printed 'words of advice' notes kept in my S500 for such ocasions. They are pre-printed on Avery A4 full size peel-off labels. I stick this on the windscreen above the line of the top of the steering wheel. These take an age to peel/scrape off and makes the ofending driver think twice when parking next time.

Could this be her ?

2008225131142_f4.jpg

and her car , now up for sale

Supercars For Sale, Bugatti, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin - Amari Supercars GB

From the advert :

"Mercedes Benz 230sl Pagoda,Jan 1965 (C)
Buy a movie star’s car!!
Supplied new by Normand Mercedes in Park Lane and delivered to Britt Ekland at Pinewood Studios in 1965 So the story goes. The photo you see of Britt in this car is genuine as we are told. The only documentation we have to back this up is a hand writen delivery note for the car to Britt. The car has been the subject of a small amount of refurbishment over the last few years and it is now in lovely condition throughout. New bumpers front and rear and just spent just under £3,000 on Hood repair"

Last edited:
It's a pretty normal thing to park like that in NY. Mind you - they have huge bumpers on their cars....

I have a few pre-printed 'words of advice' notes kept in my S500 for such ocasions. They are pre-printed on Avery A4 full size peel-off labels. I stick this on the windscreen above the line of the top of the steering wheel. These take an age to peel/scrape off and makes the ofending driver think twice when parking next time.

I like

I used to live in Brighton (Hove actually) and they do park like idiots.
I used to have a towbar on the rear of my XR3i which kept the plonkers away, but I do know of somone in a Clio reversing into the rear of my car "Touch parking" then pulling forward and the towbar on my car getting hooked on their rear bumper and ripping it off the Clio.

But the amount of times I had my cars broken into, unable to park at home and also silly property prices I moved back to Cardiff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom