Parking opposite a T junction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Perhaps I shouldn't have said all but some or a lot.... as perhaps you should have done too -- where I live the council (North Wilts) don't want to know about parking on our estate -- they just said if there is an obstruction then that is a matter for the police - we dont have any say in that...Our Properties say you can park in your own designated parking areas only - but people park everywhere else too as there are not enough spaces ....

Can I ask if you work in this area ? If so how does one go about getting the local authority involved?

Apologies, should have said for all new buildings going to planning - certainly in my experience.

Once planning consent has been granted, the planners have little interest in the property unless there is a blatant breach which they can easily identify. My understanding is in reality they are so strapped for cash and time that the actual number of enforcements for 'illegal' development is very low.

Regarding parking issues, not sure about your situation but I'd start with residents' associations, freeholders/managing agents and then work up to local councillors direct. The planners I deal with at the moment seem to be a miserable lot (under-resourced, overworked and underpaid) or an agency Kiwi or Aussie on a round the world tour..

Ade

That's generous! Most developments (all flats, houses) I've been involved with recently have had parking allowances ranging between 0 (yep zero) and 0.5 per property

As I said it varies - the project we are looking at has the space (underground :rolleyes:) and is on the edge of town - we also have to provide 1.5 secure cycle spaces - not sure how they calculate this... City centre development often doesn't have the space and as mentioned earlier in the thread, policy guidance has us all cycling and walking everywhere anyway. ;)

Ade

Last edited:
My block has the precise allocation of 0! It is annoying when the majority of people around here have to rent spaces instead, sometimes not having a car is not an option.

I agree and it is definitely an obstruction. My lighting reference is a non arguable :devil: :) offence that is not open to interpretation.

I'm on your side ;)

I still feel that if this is happening three streets away then whay aren't those nearer to this complaining?

Can it be a bit Victor Meldrew-ish? :) :)

Regards
John

Regards
John

John,

I don't know why others are not complaining. One possible reason is that they are too thick, I had to perform an emergency stop to let some old bint past the junction this morning as she merrily cut the corner to avoid the Volvo parked opposite the road I was leaving to turn left.

I would hope that I am not being Victor about this, I have no option to pass through these 2 T junctions everytime I leave or return to my home. The fact that they are 3 streets away means nothing.

Like I said Sunday, I'll just wait and see. I did have alook on GoogleEarth the othe day and gues what? Both junctions had the same cars there. Go on call me Meldrew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom