Parking & over night stay at Bristol Airport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave Richardson

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W176 A class 180 cdi
We're looking to park our car close to Bristol Airport in mid June before flying to Italy & then to stay near to the airport when we return about a week later.

We've found Bristol airport lodge on line, has anyone stayed there ?

Bristol airport Lodge

Or has anyone experienced over night stay & parking near to Bristol Airport & able to recommend

regards David

Last time I flew out of Bristol I parked on the airport itself, so no help with hotels but it does give you a bit more scope I suppose.

The airport parking was OK, with wide spaces and security, but I ended up a lot further from the terminal than anticipated and it was quite a trek to get there dragging a couple of cases in the rain.

Dont use the dodgy airport parking field types. My mum lives in the area and they dont have an eviable reputation...

We parked on-site at the long-term carpark and came back to find the car had gained a big dent in the front wing in our absence. Company showed no interest in it whatsoever, despite their claims of cctv all over the place, and were extremely difficult and rude to deal with. We’ve never parked there since (and in fact try to avoid Bristol airport whenever possible due to the miserableness and greed of the place).

However, we would recommend Ashdale (Home, 01275 472159), a few minutes away – cheap and prompt service when dropping you off and picking you up (although we’ve only used their parking, not B&B).

There's a Holiday Inn hotel not far from the airport, they run a shuttle bus back and forward. I booked my folks in there for a night and they were happy with the accommodation.

I think they're building a new hotel on site, which will be much handier, except by then I imagine the airport will be charging you to breathe their air.

Dont use the incumbent taxi company. They wanted 15 quid for a two mile ride. I walked (mum was out)......

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn. Its OK.

Last time I used valet parking. Found it very good and you don't have to trek across the parking lot to the airport. Car is taken and parked onsite in an area that no member if public can ding your doors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom