Parking sensor intermitant fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pappa583

SUPPORTER
Car
2013 Vito compact sportx brabus
Discovered the other day my front drivers side parking sensor was showing alarm but was clear all round. Located a plug behind the headlight up above the wheel Arch liner and tried to open/close incase it was a bad connection inside. Problem solved and all sensors front and rear worked OK. Or so I thought, same happened again yesterday, same thing, played with the plug and cured it. Today just beeps and 4 solid red leds on the dash, they come on every time the vehicle slows to 10 mph. Until I just switched off using the dashboard switch.
I managed to reach inside the wheel arch and disconnect the plug so now none seem to work.
I'd rather just have the back ones than none at all work so is there a way to just disable the front until I can find out whats wrong and replace them and is there an obvious way to tell which ones knackered without reading codes? Don't have a code reader.

I had a similar problem with my front sensors, which happened the last couple of times after I'd taken it in for a service (main dealer). Typical!
But the problem, apparently, was caused when they jet washed the car and blasted the parking sensors. After asking them not to jet blast the bumpers during the valet, the problem has not happened again.
That's how mine happened, yours might be different but it's an idea?

If your in Durham i can scan it for you and maybe tell you which sensor is down.

If not put ign on, put your ear close to each sensor , a working one will give a faint clicking sound , broken ones are silent. They do break down over time , the rubber seal on them opens up and let's moisture in , causing alot of failures, new sensors can be bought for £10 .

If your in Durham i can scan it for you and maybe tell you which sensor is down.

If not put ign on, put your ear close to each sensor , a working one will give a faint clicking sound , broken ones are silent. They do break down over time , the rubber seal on them opens up and let's moisture in , causing alot of failures, new sensors can be bought for £10 .
I thought I had replied to you earlier so appologies i hadn't.... I did listen and could hear all 6 ticking, they seemed to work ok since I tested them but again the other day the right side front indicated all the way up on the leds, now the front and rear ones just show the 2 red leds.... must have one of the 3 on the drivers side front has failed? Next time I'm back home from work I will have a drive over to you and see if you can identify a faulty sensor?
Cheers paul

I had a similar problem with my front sensors, which happened the last couple of times after I'd taken it in for a service (main dealer). Typical!
But the problem, apparently, was caused when they jet washed the car and blasted the parking sensors. After asking them not to jet blast the bumpers during the valet, the problem has not happened again.
That's how mine happened, yours might be different but it's an idea?
Seems to be a common issue. A friend's CLA220 had a rear LED light failure following a service and a courtesy jet wash. I told her to opt out of the courtesy wash for future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom