Parking sensor issue 2007 E320 CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Diego06

Car
2006 E320cdi
Hi. Let's just clear one thing up before anybody else says it.....I'm an idiot!!!

In an effort to 'reset' my non functioning Nav system I followed a post from one of the MB forums, I forget which but anyway......that post said to remove & replace a fuse from the dash fusebox (the one on the end of the dash, between it & the door). IIRC it was a 7.5amp fuse & it was located at the bottom end of the fusebox. However when I got out to the car I couldn't remember which fuse it was so I pulled out all the 7.5amp fuses & put them back.

Firstly, it didn't cure my non functioning DVD nav drive & secondly since then my parking sensors are not working in reverse. The front ones are fine but as soon as I put it into reverse I get a long beep & red lights before it switches itself off. I guess it could be a faulty sensor but it seems quite a coincidence it started immediately after pulling fuses. So there ya go, I'm an idiot for blindly following the first post I found with an 'answer' & I'm an idiot for thinking that pulling fuses with the ignition off couldn't hurt anything. I don't know where my head was that day :rolleyes:

Anyway, does anyone know if I can reset the parking sensors? (I've given up on the dvd drive, I think it's knackered)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom