Parking sensors all the same ?? e320 w211 2006 face lift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc estate

MB Enthusiast
Car
C Class w205 220d AMG Premium line 2016
Hi, Same old story as everyone else 2 red lights on the parking sensors and they don't work front and back, are they all the same part numbers ? as i want to get one and replace until i find the one thats broken, i read this on another post and seems a good idea but i don't want to buy one off fleebay and its the wrong one. Any clues anyone its a 2006 facelift e320 estate, Thanks in advance.

I have read somewhere that it's possible to feel with a finger if a sensor is working, but haven't tried it myself yet.

merc estate said:
Hi, Same old story as everyone else 2 red lights on the parking sensors and they don't work front and back, are they all the same part numbers ? as i want to get one and replace until i find the one thats broken, i read this on another post and seems a good idea but i don't want to buy one off fleebay and its the wrong one. Any clues anyone its a 2006 facelift e320 estate, Thanks in advance.
Got my indie to plug his snap on reader in , had 1 at the rear and two at the front u/s ...piece of cake to replace ... They will need painting before hand ... Use a plastic spatula to remove the front bumper moulding ..., it pushes outward as well .
Good luck

Oh sorry same part numbers as well all round , you may be able to hear them clicking , the ones that are working that is , check the rear n/s mine was shot , full of mud , a weak area I feel !!!

Hope the pic helps

Attachments

• image-2125616411.jpg
    image-2125616411.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 41
Thanks Badger great help they did not click shame that would be too easy had to get it read, mine is a back one very easy to replace will replace did you use MB or one off ebay ?? thanks for the picture you never know when you may need the knowledge when to say pushes outwards you mean towards to kerb from grill from your pic looks like hook clips, thanks Paul.

Hi Paul yes unclip the lower part of the trim carefully , then give it a shove out towards the kerb ...I did use mb ones , but guess e bay should be ok... Took me about an hr not including painting ... To do all 3 ... Dread to think what Mercs would charge !!!
Hope it all works ... Martyn

Thanks for the info, i was quoted £120 by an indi and my one which has gone is on the back you can put your fingers on it just standing by the car. Thanks all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom