Parking Sensors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MeanMclean

Car
Mercedes Benz C220 CDI AMG Sport Estate
hello all,
does anyone have the number layout for the parking sensors and there locations on the car bumpers? my fault reader tells me it's Sensor 10 and know its on the rear bumper. but am unsure which one of the four it is? at a guess i'm saying the one above the exhaust..:dk:

my car is a 2008 Mercedes C220 CDI estate (newer shape)

cheers in advance.

put the car in reverse with the ignition switched on and use a screwdriver one end on the sensor and the other end on your ear you can normally hear them clicking.obviously if they are clicking they are working.

Hi Chubbs111, we've tried this but can't hear the clicking as the engine has to be running and in reserve with the handbrake off. and a few mates can't hear the clicking.
however i do know it's Sensor 10.

cheers

As stupid as this may sound; count them? - I'd guess it's one of the corners on the basis that there's probably about 5 at each end of the car, so the rear corners are likely to be 6 and 10.

i thought of that but where would you start as number 1?

Front bumper, probably the near side; so front left to right, then rear left to right?

According to the manual for my CLK (which admittedly may have no relevance to a C-Class, despite being a similar age) I've got it wrong. - There are 6 forward facing sensors and four rear facing, so it's either 7 or 10 at each end of the rear bumper.

I suspect your guess that it's the one over the exhaust is correct. - Swap it for a new one, and if that doesn't clear the fault; swap it for the other side of the bumper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom