Parking sensors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richard1973

Car
S210 320cdi Avantgarde
Why did someone order my S210 new and not specify parking sensors? A car that size really needs them. I now know why so many that are advertised have damage to the rear corners. Any decent after market kits available, as I guess it would not be easy to retro fit second hand Mercedes kit.

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk

I think Steelmate is the most common aftermarket system used.

Why did someone order my S210 new and not specify parking sensors? A car that size really needs them. I now know why so many that are advertised have damage to the rear corners. Any decent after market kits available, as I guess it would not be easy to retro fit second hand Mercedes kit.

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk
Same question from me. My 2006 C55 AMG wagon must have cost a few bob when new, why the bloody hell did the first owner not spec parking sensors ?! the car has just about every other whistle and bell attached.

Not the end of the world as its not a massive car and I can still bend my neck and I know how to use my mirrors when parking...but just a niggling point ! :)

I take the view that when buying, what is after all an expensive car from a prestige brand, why isn't an aid like this standard equipment?

I take the view that when buying, what is after all an expensive car from a prestige brand, why isn't an aid like this standard equipment?

Because you can always squeeze a few more pounds from a punter... maybe throw them in for free as a deal sweetener?

All the damage to the corners of my old W203 was done by other drivers who had no parking sensors.... :(

My current W204 has it - I would be OK without parking sensors but I wish everyone else had them.

Same with my CLK, can't see anything out the back.. thank god it has aftermarket fitted..

Same with my CLK, can't see anything out the back.. thank god it has aftermarket fitted..
Have you got the privacy tint? That's even worse; all I can rely on is the wing mirrors and parktronic. - I haven't hit another car... but every now and then I get the angle wrong and touch the kerb with an alloy (nothing serious, but that doesn't help my ego).

Have you got the privacy tint? That's even worse; all I can rely on is the wing mirrors and parktronic. - I haven't hit another car... but every now and then I get the angle wrong and touch the kerb with an alloy (nothing serious, but that doesn't help my ego).

It's tinted but not very dark :)

The aftermarket sensors are very loud so work great haha :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom