Parking sensors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crazydidge

Car
Cls 55 amg
Hey all
Anyone else having issues with parking sensors
Have them on front and rear
When I have them on I get a longish beep then 2 red lights either side of display then goes off
Anyway I can test each one without a diagnosis tool
Any ideas would be gratefully received

Some people say you can hear them but I never can.
Buy an ICarSoft MB 2.0.
It will help you fix this issue and others down the road.

Ah thanks
Never realised you could buy something like this
Will look into it

If you're lucky it's simply that one of them has got a little more damp than it likes, or has something stuck on the surface of the sensor.

Mine was doing this and when I looked with the iCasoft i980 it said "right centre" was the problem, so I gave it a rub with my thumb and parktronic started working again.

I might still look at getting a spare sensor in case the problem comes back though.

I’ve been doing a little research on the issue and tends to be when they get damp
Pain in the **** for such a quality vehicle

Will this do just as good a job?

Attachments

• C2405954-DDB3-4474-8263-45614932EE13.png
    C2405954-DDB3-4474-8263-45614932EE13.png
    252.4 KB · Views: 13
some cheap scanners wont talk to certain parts of mercs, best bet is to ask the seller. my findings with the sensors is the rubber sealant on the sides of the sensor deteriorates and lets in dampness on the copper inside . you can easily remove the rears , fronts arnt as easy and seal them up using electrical grease . spraying with wd40 only makes them worse over time.

new bosch sensors on ebay are about £9 , if they are genuine ? but they are good quality and work .

'Bosch' sensors for £9 off eBay are unlikely to be genuine...

Cheap generic OBD II scanners are OK for simple diagnostics, but they won't find (for example) duff parking sensors. I have an iCarsoft; in MB mode it identified the two dud sensors on my SL500, but in OBD II mode it found no faults.

OP... I had the same issue, it’s a fault with a sensor.
Took mine to an Indy who used star to tell exactly which one was out. Replacement ordered via him from mb... he said others can work, but give up again a lot quicker. For a few quid more, I think I’d rather have the real deal. Never bought a MB cos it’s a cheap car! :)

Ahh I see
Mot due end of month and I’ll get mechanic to use his machine
I’ll get him to order ones from mb and get it sorted
Cheers for info peeps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom