Parking to go into London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
I managed to get tickets for Les Miserables In Concert (now rocking horse manure I understand!!) for the matinee on 6th December. Also booked an apartment via Airbnb for two nights in North London. Then the lockdown happened!

The apartment has cancelled and it's down to the Gods if the show takes place. So, if it does we'll drive there and back in the same day (train fare is over £300!). Coming down the M6/M1, what would people's suggestions be to safely park up and get train/tube in? Anybody close to tube have a spare place on drive for a few hours? Or any other thoughts? Thanks

Last edited:
Where abouts in North London ?

I tend to park at Watford junction then overland in. Lots of parking and trains are numerous.

Where abouts in North London ?
The place that cancelled?

Nowhere in particular - just easy to reach from M6 and close to train/tube where my car will be OK

Have you thought about travelling M6/M42/M40? That brings you into London along the A40 - Hillingdon Underground station is on a bridge above the A40, has a 24 hour patrolled car park, and Hillingdon is on the Piccadilly Line which takes you directly to Piccadilly Circus.

www.JustPark.com

You should be able to pre-book parking within the capital in various 24/7 underground car parks.

You can park outside my house if you like. I’m a 5 min drive from Junction 2 of the M1.
You can get a train into St Pancras from Mill Hill Broadway which takes about 17 minutes.

Ta. Don't want to drive into London. Not least as it appears likely to cost me over £25 just to enter!
Yes ULEZ + CC - however a small price to pay for the convenience and avoiding using the tube during a pandemic ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom