Parkside Impact Wrench next weekend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes saw it in the lidl magazine,the Parkside stuff tends to be good,not sure if I have a use for it and it is £50 odd pounds

It's £59.99! I have the smaller 10.8v version that is supposed to put out up to 300Nm backing out but only 100Nm making up. First had to get it replaced under warranty as the impact was not working. That was easy (as was getting one of their dremmel-type tools replaced!), replacement does impact but would not release my wheel bolts - that were correctly installed to 130Nm with a torque wrench. Damned annoying as I'd been caught out a while ago, flat tyre miles from anywhere, bad enough using the car's jack but also had a real problem cracking the wheel bolts before lifting the car, thought keeping this in the car would be good but am disappointed.

Someone near me visits all the lidl stores and buys them. A week later there on marketplace for £80. I might have to camp out overnight. 😁

It's £59.99! I have the smaller 10.8v version that is supposed to put out up to 300Nm backing out but only 100Nm making up. First had to get it replaced under warranty as the impact was not working. That was easy (as was getting one of their dremmel-type tools replaced!), replacement does impact but would not release my wheel bolts - that were correctly installed to 130Nm with a torque wrench. Damned annoying as I'd been caught out a while ago, flat tyre miles from anywhere, bad enough using the car's jack but also had a real problem cracking the wheel bolts before lifting the car, thought keeping this in the car would be good but am disappointed.
Might have been your post on t'other side but I've read at least a couple of reviews like this. It's probably great for bolts that are freshly and/or correctly torqued but anything that needs some oomph, it fails. If it's to be used to assist undoing or doing things up, it's a bargain. To get you out of the shit, I would but a Dewalt or similar

Go on Ebay and they are selling for £100. I have a few of their other 20v tools so makes sense for me to stick with Parkside. Now if they were to make a 20v brushless those will be much better but dearer.

I have looked at these but my old dad was always buying aldi/lidl tools(not the best as I inherited some grinders etc, which quickly wore out) which puts me off, really I would rather pay the extra and get a decent make like Dewalt although much more expensive at about £150 for a bare unit, justified in that it is 950NM then do I really need it, as I have air tools and 240v impact wrench as well as manual tools.
Probably the best solution is buy a reasonable quality 1/2 drive strong arm wrench and leave it in the car for emergencies.

I’ve had the Aldi/Lidl air impact ratchet & wrench. I use the included impact sockets with my 18v DeWalt 950Nm wrench, the ratchet & wrench just sit on a shelf. I always buy the best I can afford, nothing worse than breaking tools whilst trying to fix stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom