Parktronic issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingpin!

Car
R350 (W251) & R350 (V251)
Since a week or so my wifes R350 Parktronic has a problem. The red dots come on but no orange dots or Parktronic working when parking the vehicle. It feels like this started when it was raining quite heavily but that may of course be a coincidence.

Anyhow, I used my basic troubleshooting app and I don't have the data in front of me now but it complained about a couple of sensors on the front and on the back. I've changed at least one sensor on this particular vehicle historically and then the diagnostic pointed to the correct sensor but this time it's unlikely that 4+ sensors are non-working so anybody has any good troubleshooting advice? Since the red dots come on the fuse is obviously OK at least.

Maybe it's a loose connection? I don't know where the Parktronic module is in this vehicle and where it in turn connects to (main module) so if someone has a schematic then I could perhaps follow the "trail".

TIA!

Since a week or so my wifes R350 Parktronic has a problem. The red dots come on but no orange dots or Parktronic working when parking the vehicle. It feels like this started when it was raining quite heavily but that may of course be a coincidence.

Anyhow, I used my basic troubleshooting app and I don't have the data in front of me now but it complained about a couple of sensors on the front and on the back. I've changed at least one sensor on this particular vehicle historically and then the diagnostic pointed to the correct sensor but this time it's unlikely that 4+ sensors are non-working so anybody has any good troubleshooting advice? Since the red dots come on the fuse is obviously OK at least.

Maybe it's a loose connection? I don't know where the Parktronic module is in this vehicle and where it in turn connects to (main module) so if someone has a schematic then I could perhaps follow the "trail".

TIA!
I am having similar issues and its slowly getting worse. I got an undervoltage historic fault code in my parktronic and yes things seem to stop working for me as well when it rains a lot or the car gets wet, in one ocasion the battery was drained. My parktronic issues are:
front left side underestimates the distance from the objects next to me, resulting to a lot of false positives
getting four dots when i brake
flashing parking pilot
I think i might pay the dealer to diagnose :p

is the sensor behind the plate?
No, but the edge of the number plate can be picked up by one of the sensors if it sticks out too far.

TIA!

Status quo on the Parktronic. I now have read out some codes. It complains on the following:

9005 (A42B2 Left front center sensor)
9008 (A42B3 Left front inner sensor)
900E (A42B5 Right front center sensor)
9017 (A43B8 Right rear inner sensor)
901A (A43B9 Left rear inner sensor)

To me it seems strange that one faulty sensor would cause several (both front and rear) sensors to act up or?

Anybody who can point out where the Parktronic (ECU?) module is located in a W251 2006 R350? Also, if someone has a document covering how to detach the front bumper so I can check the cables going to the sensors would be great.

TIA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom