Parktronic Panics when I stop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

McGreggor

Car
CLS55 AMG
I seem to have an intermittant problem when coming to a halt. Sometimes the parkatronic system activates with the two red bars illuminated and it beeps. I don't think its always happening to me with a car infront as I stop, sometimes at a junction it happens. Besides, even when there is a car infront, I'm no-where near close enough to warrant it beeping. I have cleaned the sensors, and the system does work normally. When using it to park, it does seem to get a little confused sometimes, ie when reversing, sometime its just doesn't "see" anything, but shifting out and back into reverse cures it. Anyone else found these systems less than 100% reliable?

I think just displaying the two red lights is the system fault indicator.

RichardM said:
I think just displaying the two red lights is the system fault indicator.

yeah, thats what my manual says, but the system works without any problem most of the time, its only like 1 in 10 stops it happens....

I agree with the others and Shude is probably correct that a sensor could be on its way out - if not the sensor then its prbobbly the PTS control Module (which is probably fitted near the REAR SAM Unit inisde the rera quarter trim panel of the boot).

This is just a suggestion - if ur Stealer is friendly then they may be able to reset PTS via Star (few mins jobs...) and may perhaps resolve issue but on other hand I could be talking absolute rubbish as I am not sure what the problem is but definitely appears to be faulty - however radioactive signals could be interfering with PTS (hence why it does not happen all the time...).

Good luck

flash

its not a sensor.. it probably being caused by a loud external noise or an ultra-sonic security device that is causing the system to fail.

mine did in once when i backed up to metal panel which was sheilding two guys using large hammer drills into concerete

steve

Hi I have Parktronic on my W210, it also does this from time to time, I have never really thought much of it. I am not sure this helps, but this may be a common occurrence with the system.

Anyone else seen this :eek:

Don't you just love all this new Technology that is SOooooooooo complex. :crazy:

What happened to reversing morrors and hand signals etc. :D

Brian WH said:
Don't you just love all this new Technology that is SOooooooooo complex. :crazy:

What happened to reversing morrors and hand signals etc. :D

The reversing morrors got changed to reversing mirrors :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom