Parktronic parking sensors fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sadham

Car
w204 facelift c250
Hi,

I have a c250 w204 facelift.

Parking sensors don't work, 4 red lights and beep. All the front sensors show up as faulty.
Does anyone know where the main wiring goes to for the front sensor loom. I have changed all the front sensors along with the wiring loom that plugs into the sensors.

I have tried following the main loom wiring but it disappears along the chassis leg and its too tight of a space for me to follow it further than that.

Would appreciate some help on getting to the end location of the main parking sensor loom.

I think your best is to have the fault codes read using STAR, or failing that, using iCarsoft / Carly, this will provide indication as to what the actual fault might be and it's a better way of diagnosing this issue than replacing parts on trial-and-error basis.

If you don't have access to an MB code scanner, then I would try removing and refitting the fuse that protects the Parktronic ECU and reset it this way.

Have you tried looking on the online parts catalog, sometimes can be useful to show where the loom goes?

Faults were read using STAR, it showed all 6 of the front sensors as having a problem.
I replaced them all along with the loom for them and they all still show up again.
I believe it may be a damaged wire or a loose connection somewhere.
I have tried tugging at the wires from the plug end but all seem connected.

Parts catalog shows the parktronic module either at the bulkhead or behind the dash. Was hoping someone may have already had one changed or had an idea of exactly how to get to it.

Pretty sure you won't find the answer within the engine!

Does like a wiring fault possibly shorting on the body? Not sure how you could find out exactly where it is, ask someone selling a used one on eBay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom