Parktronic system fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bladerunner2109

Car
2005 Mercedes clk280
Hello there

I have the dreaded 4 red lights displayed on my dash when I put the car into reverse. I checked the two fuses to the system and they looked fine......I went a bought a Icarsoft mb1 diagnostic tool and ran the parktronic test but it came back with no faults..........now I'm at a loss!

I've been through all existing posts but can't find anything to advance my diagnosis.........please help......all ideas welcome

Perhaps the sensor is faulty?
Whats your main battery voltage after sitting switched off for 8-12 hours?

Perhaps the sensor is faulty?
Whats your main battery voltage after sitting switched off for 8-12 hours?
I will have to check that tomorrow......the battery seems strong but will check it anyway. It just seems strange that the diagnostic came back clear......doesn't make sense

Not all diagnostic tools will dig deep enough to diagnose the many MB sub-systems.

Not all diagnostic tools will dig deep enough to diagnose the many MB sub-systems.
Im going to contact Icarsoft tomorrow to find out what it tests and doesn't test.....that in itself could tell me something.........trying to avoid paying out for a star test but get the feeling I may have to😥

park near to a wall, look at the live readings for the sensors in the MB1 and spot the odd man out.
There's your faulty sensor

I had this, car just needed a good wash. Sometimes salt, mud etc can effect this. Try cleaning them first.

I had this, car just needed a good wash. Sometimes salt, mud etc can effect this. Try cleaning them first.
Im a detailer........my car is very clean😀........I did get that suggested......works very well on BMW sensors apparently

park near to a wall, look at the live readings for the sensors in the MB1 and spot the odd man out.
There's your faulty sensor
Ah.......there's an idea. I didn't think to try live data(didn't realise I could). Good suggest friend......thank you all......I have quite a few thing to try tomorrow...... BRAVO MBCLUB

Thread resurrection, as I'm currently experiencing the same issue.

Initially my iCarsoft diagnosed the rear inner left sensor, so I swapped it out for a new Bosch sensor.

Started the car, put in D and front sensors seemed to be fine. Put in to R and a big fat raspberry! Of course, then the fronts would also no longer play.

Ran a diagnostic again, but no faults found! Eh?

Before I admit defeat and send it off to the indie, any ideas or suggestions?

Just wondering, the sensor I removed has a part # 0263024746 the replacement, whilst looking identical and supposedly the correct part, has a part # 0263009637.
Could this be the issue? Might it be purely down to something as simple as the part number?🤔

BTW, I have also cleaned the sensors, just incase that was the problem.
Still no further forward and feeling really puzzled.

Hi, did you manage to sort the problem as I have similar issue . Put reverse , beeps all amber lights and two red either side of centre, started with one side first but now both sides. Interested to hear how you fixed it.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom