Parktronic, When should it beep?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelK

Car
E350D (W213)
Hi,

I have a brand new E Class (W213) E350D, I got it last week. The other day, I noticed that the distance sensors weren't making a sound, unless the car was moving, is that correct? When you stop, no matter how close to an obstacle, the sound stops???? If you engage reverse very close to a wall, no sound 'till you move????

I believe car has to be running and in drive.

Mine is a 2016 S212 E350 when stopped at lights or queuing and pedestrians nip between the car it sets sensors off but when parked with engine running mine do not indicate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,

I have a brand new E Class (W213) E350D, I got it last week. The other day, I noticed that the distance sensors weren't making a sound, unless the car was moving, is that correct? When you stop, no matter how close to an obstacle, the sound stops???? If you engage reverse very close to a wall, no sound 'till you move????

My sister just experienced that in her 2016 Sept. S350 AMG.
Lovely deep scratch in her bumper. She is well hadked off ... :(:(:( as she said its her first accident in 20 years!
And having had 3x S Classes before , she was used to big cars.

She said "these are useless and actually dangerous if one has relied on them for 10 years!"

Mine make noise as long as the engine is on and the car is in gear. - Only when the red lights are showing (and more so when they're all lit).

I've also experienced it beeping when I'm stopped at an intersection and someone walks in front of the car. - You don't have to be moving, but if you are it's less than 10mph or something like that.

Beep beep BANG
The sound of Mercedes parktronic.

I love it, best beep and light system there is, no constant annoying beeping, and you can accurately park very close to things unlike the usual rubbish that goes to a constant beep when you're still three feet away which virtually negates the point in having it.

The lights are very accurate and placing the rear ones in the headliner so you can see it in the rear view mirror at the same time as the front ones is genius.

Have it on my 2008 E class, I also think it is fantastic, especially the lights in the rear view mirror. Makes parking as easy as in my wife's Smart

The rear sensors are off unless the car is put in Reverse gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom