Parktronic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

New to the forum. I got my first Mercedes yesterday. E220 CDI Cabriolet. When I got it home (400 miles from the dealership) and went to park it up I noticed that the parktronic sensors did not beep an alarm as I got close to an obstacle. I know about the disable button - had no effect whether the light was on or off on the button. The active park assist works (again with no beeps) so I guess the sensors themselves are working - just not emitting an audible beep alarm. Any thoughts?

Does it work in reverse or did you just try edging up to something going forwards? Mine doesn't seem to work this way, but I usually just throw it into reverse first if I need the bleeper thing to tell me I'm going to hit something.

daveenty said:
Does it work in reverse or did you just try edging up to something going forwards? Mine doesn't seem to work this way, but I usually just throw it into reverse first if I need the bleeper thing to tell me I'm going to hit something.

It doesn't beep at all whilst parking, either in reverse or in forward. I did notice the odd beep whilst travelling home on the motorway which I took to be the distroniks alarms as I approached vehicles in front of or adjacent to me.

Is it a new car? Wonder if there's an option in the menu to turn sound on/off?

It's a brand new car. I am hoping it's something as simple as that but can't find anything in the manual

How close are you getting to the object in question?

Just browsing through the manual and noted that it won't emit an audible warning until the 6th (1st of the reds) segment is illuminated.

User Manual said:
One or more segments light up as the vehicle approaches an obstacle, depending on the vehicle's distance from the obstacle.

From the sixth segment onwards, you will hear an intermittent warning tone for approximately two seconds. Seventh segment onwards, you will hear a warning tone for approximately two seconds. This indicates that you have now reached the minimum distance.

Only a thought...

How close are you getting to the object in question?

Just browsing through the manual and noted that it won't emit an audible warning until the 6th (1st of the reds) segment is illuminated.

Only a thought...

Yes, mine's a 2003 CL but also does this ............ it was very concerting at first, as you get closer and closer, but no beep until you think you're going to hit something!

If you're used to just having an audible warning, remembering to watch the visual (and quiet!) display takes some getting used to ....... no beep in the orange segment until you reach the final 2 red ones, when you are pretty close!

Perhaps get a friend to walk up to the sensors while you're in the car, to see what happens, before you test it on something more "concrete"?

Stuart

Yes, mine's a 2003 CL but also does this ............ it was very concerting at first, as you get closer and closer, but no beep until you think you're going to hit something!

If you're used to just having an audible warning, remembering to watch the visual (and quiet!) display takes some getting used to ....... no beep in the orange segment until you reach the final 2 red ones, when you are pretty close!

Perhaps get a friend to walk up to the sensors while you're in the car, to see what happens, before you test it on something more "concrete"?

Stuart

An excellent way of finding out just who your friends are. :bannana:

Cheers guys I did think iwas pretty close but it may not have been close enough. I will do as you suggest and report back

It should only beep when you are getting quite close.

I prefer it that way... I have driven cars with it beeping straight away... Bloody annoying.

You need to watch the lights and when it beeps... Slow the car down... You will get used to it.

Pretty inaudible in a C Class, would like to boost the volume on mine.

You need to watch the lights and when it beeps....

And stupidly the lights for the rear sensors are behind you (on C63 at least) so you need to turn your head round anyway.... Doh! Unless you also have a rear view camera in the front screen, then it gets even more silly.

Worked a treat folks. Beeps don't kick in till the object is very close. Friend survived the test too. Next question is whether or not the sensor range can be tweaked in settings

Glad you got to the bottom of it. I only found out about the the bleeps when I took mine for a hand wash. Thought they'd broken something! :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom