parktronic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flt.eng

Car
E320 avantgared
2003 w211 320 avantgared I was backing the car into a tight area,
(to unload shopping) the weather was awful.At night, raining heavily,
so visibility very poor.The next thing BUMP. No audible warning, must
admit I didnt notice the warning lights as was too busy trying to check
rear view mirrors & at 75 with glasses, Not easy. Luckily minor scratch
marks. I checked the system out next day (dry conditions) & all appeared normal except the sound level of the rear warning was much lower than the front.Any ideas,it seems to me that the rear volume is more important.

2003 w211 320 avantgared I was backing the car into a tight area,
(to unload shopping) the weather was awful.At night, raining heavily,
so visibility very poor.The next thing BUMP. No audible warning, must
admit I didnt notice the warning lights as was too busy trying to check
rear view mirrors & at 75 with glasses, Not easy. Luckily minor scratch
marks. I checked the system out next day (dry conditions) & all appeared normal except the sound level of the rear warning was much lower than the front.Any ideas,it seems to me that the rear volume is more important.
Hi,welcome to the forum,is there anything in the owners manual that relates to the parktronic volume?Bit confused about you not noticing the warning lights as you were checking rear view mirrors as in my cls500 the warning lights are visible in my rear view mirror when reversing as well as the audiable warning.Just as a last precaution,as it was raining heavy at the time worth remembering to keep the parktronic sensors clean so they function properly,hope this helps.

thanks for your suggestions, but no theres nothing in the handbook about volume.
I meant to say wing mirrors not rear view. I was concentrating on getting through
a gap.& the sensors were clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom