Parrot 3100

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

john925

Car
slk 350. Sports Pack. 18 inch alloys
Has anyone fitted or had fitted a Parrot 3100 in an R171? If so where did the display module fit. Any pictures would be much appreciated

Seems like nobody has fitted one. Ok guys I will post details and pictures once my is fitted and working

Parrot fitted and works perfectly with the steering wheel buttons :)

Attachments

• parrot29.jpg
    parrot29.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 77
sits well on the cubby hole lid

Attachments

• parrot.jpg
    parrot.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 77
hie john, does your parrot installation show anything in the insrument cluster, contacts and name of caller ??

thanks

Last edited:
Replied by PM

Why is it a secret, a simple "yes" or "no" should be fine for the forum, you don't have to say the name of your mistress if Parrot is showing that on the cluster. ;)

The Parrot does not display in the cluster, but the Parrot display is more than clear enough to see the contacts.
I also found that the voice recognition from the phone (iPhone) is better than the Parrot VR.

I have had the Parrot system in my S Class for a number of years, the one thing I will say is not to have the unit too far away from normal driving line of sight, or too far away from steering wheel. Otherwise, when driving, it becomes too much of a distraction when trying to make a call from the list, receiving is no problem as it is only a one touch answere. Making a call via the phone book can be distracting. Having said all the above, I have yet to try the speach recognition system within Parrot.

I have had the Parrot system in my S Class for a number of years, the one thing I will say is not to have the unit too far away from normal driving line of sight, or too far away from steering wheel. Otherwise, when driving, it becomes too much of a distraction when trying to make a call from the list, receiving is no problem as it is only a one touch answere. Making a call via the phone book can be distracting. Having said all the above, I have yet to try the speach recognition system within Parrot.

I have programmed in all the numbers I am likely to want to call why I am driving. Then a quick press on the steering wheel answer button and just say the name of the person you want to call and the parrot repeats the name and dials the number. I never need to touch the parrot. As you say its best positioned where you can see it without looking too far away from your driving line of sight. Thats why I had the pop up cubby hole lid drilled. The fitter was a bit hesitant. I said if I sell the car either the parrot goes with it or I get a replacement lid off ebay for a few quid :)

Id like to know too...
Whats the rough cost and whats involved in fitting it.

I paid 275 complete including fitting and he also ran a wired in feed for my Sat nav as the fag lighter socket is in the most stupid position MB could have come up with. In the passenger foot well !!!!!!

Why is it a secret, a simple "yes" or "no" should be fine for the forum, you don't have to say the name of your mistress if Parrot is showing that on the cluster. ;)

He PM' me thats why I replied to him the same way OK !!!!!!!

Try using the multi quote button.

I have had the Parrot system in my S Class for a number of years, I have yet to try the speach recognition system within Parrot.

It's very good, I use it a lot.

Think its time I quit this forum too many picky people on here Happy motoring

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom