Parrot and my N95

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
FWIW my N95 wont work properly with Viseeo or my wifes Parrot kit and i test drove the new superb with factory bluetooth and that said the phone was not compatible pretty much proves to me the phone has limited bluetooth conectivity, shame because i love the N95

FWIW my N95 wont work properly with Viseeo or my wifes Parrot kit and i test drove the new superb with factory bluetooth and that said the phone was not compatible pretty much proves to me the phone has limited bluetooth conectivity, shame because i love the N95

I don't have an N95 myself but I've borrowed my sons phone and it works equally well with my W221 MB BT SAP kit, it only downloads numbers from the SIM but I cannot think of anything else that would not work.

ViseeO and I assume this Parrot kit too would appear as standard BT HF devices which any BT phone can support, I've never seen one that could not (not headset profile but that should be fine too). Can you check the SW version of your phone, either it has some old crappy SW or the BT HW is broken. Is the BT working reliably like when transferring big files from the phone to a laptop or vice versa?

You really should expect the basic BT features working, if they don't, the individual phone is not good (this must apply to almost any BT capable phone, give or take those that tend to lose the connection but here it seems that you don't get connected at all).

I've posted the latests N95 SW on some previous thread, cannot read it from the phone now.

These days the SW from shop for a new phone model is almost guaranteed to have issues. The fact that these phones can be SW updated at home make manufacturers release them early for sales, assuming that "most things work fine and the rest can be fixed with a SW update".

What's so annoying is as the customer I purchase something that is supposed to work with 'all' but it doesn't, Nokia blame Parrot and Parrot blame Nokia. Customer scratches head and wonders why did I bother :-(

I have an older N95 mk1 for work and it connects to my company parrot 3100 no problem at all :confused:
Wifes N95 8Gb also connects and I have uploaded both phonebooks without any issues. My work phone has over 300 contacts on it too so I cant see it being an issue with the numbe of contacts.

No idea about the newer models though, and I had to upload my contacts manually, I tend to refresh the list every week or 2 just to keep it up to date.

What's so annoying is as the customer I purchase something that is supposed to work with 'all' but it doesn't, Nokia blame Parrot and Parrot blame Nokia. Customer scratches head and wonders why did I bother :-(

Well I did not even try to find if the phone manufacturer could expand their features but I tried to ask if MB/Peiker could improve their device and got nothing.

I even sort of understand that Nokia cannot go after hundreds of smallish BT device manufacturers but I would have expected Parrot adapting their design. Usually either one can modify their design, like adding a missing BT profile if they wanted to fix the issue. Actually even if Nokia was used with hundreds of different car kits, there probably would be a few BT features that would need to be added to make them all work (without really affecting those that already do work). Again either one could have the effort to make the customer happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom