Parrot Bluetooth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nic S

Car
W208 CLK230 Kompressor
Has anyone installed the Parrot Bluetooth car kit yet? Is there any way of linking it to the steering wheel control? Does Bluetooth cause any problems I should know about?

I've got the Nokia bluetooth kit and haven't had any problems at all, its a great piece of kit.

The only things it lacks are a method for charging the phone (which I've never missed at all) and there's no external aerial which would be handy to improve signal.

I believe there's is no way to connect it to the steering wheel controls (or to the car speakers in the E-Class) but overall I'm really pleased with it, just connects automatically to the phone in your pocket.

The parrot has a voice activated system and is hidden in the dash. It's also cheaper than the Nokia and connects to the car stereo. The holy grail would be steering wheel control, though I doubt this unit is capable. I'm fitting out the audio in my car and want to do the whole insatllation in one go.
Just can't find anyone who actually owns one.

w208.
'00 CLK230

I love it.

Coolio , was just checking as some of the later models cannot have the telephone sound coming through teh HIFI

I bought the parrot blutooth......and sent it back for a refund.....not fully duplex.........dont waste your time and money

I've never had that problem with the Nokia kit.

I am a great fan of Nokia and its products amd am thinking of getting the bluetooth kit, the only downside that i have heard of is that it only works with nokia phones where as the sony version works with all bluetooth phones.

Expansys.co.uk / com have good prices

Yes that is a restriction but like you I like Nokia products and couldn't see me getting a different make phone.

The Nokia kit does work with some Ericsson phones, I'm using mine with the T610 with no probs. The problem is that Nokia used the Handsfree bluetooth profile and Ericsson used the Headset profile, but newer phones like the T610 are able to use either. The only downside is that you're unable to change the carkit ringing tone (HELLO!!!! :) ) if you don't use a Nokia

Cheers
Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom