Parrot CK3100 and W140

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Netrix

Car
Mercedes ML420 2008
Hello peeps -

I'm thinking of purchasing the Parrot CK3100 for use in my lurrrrrvely W140 S320. :D

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or experience in installing this kit or anything similar in a W140, i.e. where to site the control box?

I would like to hide as much wiring as possible and probably mount the display just to the right of the steering column.

I've never worked on a Benz so any help no matter how trivial will be gratefully received, even down to "how to remove the Sony head unit" or any special tools I might need :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help, great site btw.

Netrix

I installed mine before I realised it is fully voice activated. I assumed that I would need to press the button to use the unit, so I placed the display accordingly.

If I were doing it again I would place the display out of sight. One of our members has done this in his W203 - it's in the ashtray and it's a really tidy-looking job.

It will be an easy job to install as there is loads of space in MBs for hiding wiring etc, particularly in front of your knees. To get the headunit out just pop round to your local ICE shop and buy the keys for a fiver. You'll probably be able to get them on eBay as well.

Thanks for the info.

Like you I have assumed I would need to push a button to initiate voice calling - how does that work then, do you proceed the person you wish to call with a loud "Call" ?

Netrix

You choose and record a keyword, which you can then say out loud to activate the system. I have chosen "telephone". Then I say the name to call, then I say "mobile", or "home" or whatever.

When I receive a call from someone in my phone book the system speaks their name and I say "answer" or "hangup". When the call is from a stranger then no name is spoken and I say "hangup".

You can dial numbers directly from the display if you want, but I tend not to. You could use that for those "How's my Driving? call xxxxxxx" moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom