Parrot hands free

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adeinfrance

Car
Mercedes 300CE----Fiat 500F 1967---- BMW 530d Touring-----Ford Ranger Wildtrak
Hi. Does anyone have any experience in the fitting of a Parrot hands free kit?
The wife recently had one fitted by Halfords, on her BMW 530D, sorry it's not a Mercedes, but the Parrot is live all the time even when the ignition s off, so the car is now starting to display an error saying excessive battery drain. Today Halfords say that it is not possible to have it turning off with the ignition on Mercedes and Bmw's. Are they just spinning me a tale because they haven't done it properly or does anyone know if this is true. I have one fitted to my Navara which turns off when I turn the truck off. Would appreciate any info so I can go back to Halfords with the truth.
Thanks in advance.

I had problems with Halfords when they fitted a Parrot kit to a previous car, I made the mistake of giving them several opportunities to put it right and completely wasted my time with them.

I eventually lost patience and spoke to their complaints people, the install was corrected by an independent fitter in 10 minutes at my place of work and they gave me £50 in vouchers for my trouble.

In hindsight I would complain sooner if I was in that position with Halfords again.

Permanent and switched live are wrong, can often happen on these. If everything else is correct, there is a red and orange wire with in-line fuses. Disconnect at the fuse and swap them over. When ignition is turned off, it should say goodbye.

If the BMW has no ignition live and they have wired them both to a permanent live then it needs to be wired correctly.

Today Halfords say that it is not possible to have it turning off with the ignition on Mercedes and Bmw's. Are they just spinning me a tale because they haven't done it properly or does anyone know if this is true

I have the ck3000 in our BMW and if you are on a call and turn the ignition off it gives you an option to transfer the call to your phone. If your not on a call it just says goodbye and turns itself off.

marty359 said:
I have the ck3000 in our BMW and if you are on a call and turn the ignition off it gives you an option to transfer the call to your phone. If your not on a call it just says goodbye and turns itself off.

Sounds like they are spinning the wife a yarn then! Had two dearer quotes from other local companies before choosing Halfords but am now wishing I had spent the extra 50 quid and had it done properly, even though " its only the wifes car". Just want it to turn off with the car, simples. If I dont hear back from them tomorrow as promised, the young fitter said he was going to look on several forums, I will get on to their complaints department. Thanks for the info.

My CK turns off with the ignition off, Halfords are just trying it on, they probably wired it to a permanent live :doh:

I think that the stereo is fed by a always live connection, and the decision whether to wake up or not is feb by fibre. Hence in some ways Halfords are correct.

However any competent electrician would take a switch feed from the fusebox, or even the cigarette lighter. To do what Halfords have done is just wrong....

Head Office time...

All sorted. Halfords eventually called the car back in and have now wired the hands free to the amplifier. The Parrot now works with the ignition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom