Parrot integration with cars speakers ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sspeed

MB Enthusiast
Car
2006 CLK320 CDi
Hi everyone..

Hopefully this isn't a pointless question as its about I car I don't actually have access to !

In theory I have a late 2006 CLK320 Cdi
The previous owner fitted a Parrot CK3100LCD hands free blue tooth job.
It connects with my Samsung phone without issue..
The sound of the phone calls comes from a puny little speaker that's mounted under the steering wheel behind the upper panel.
The problem is that even with the volume on full the unit is barely audible when on the road..
I have been on the Parrot website and it states that the unit integrates with the cars speaker system.
However my car has the Harman Kardon sound system installed.
If you look that up on the Parrot website its vague about integration so I am assuming it cant be done..
If that is the case then does anyone know of a way I can have hands free through the speakers?
COMAND NTG2.5 isn't an option on my car.. I have already checked !!
icon_sad.gif

Hiya Simon, hope your keeping good :)

Looking at the unit, it has a mute wire and Line out. A few searches reveal that there isnt a direct fitting solution, especially to a HK amp.

Hiya Simon, hope your keeping good :)

Looking at the unit, it has a mute wire and Line out. A few searches reveal that there isnt a direct fitting solution, especially to a HK amp.

Hi Mark...
I couldn't tell you about the wiring mate.
I am fairly sure that the issue is the fact its got the fancy hifi fitted.
A photo below of the actual Parrot bit that I can see...

Attachments

• 81HYjSvAKrL__SL1500_.jpg
    81HYjSvAKrL__SL1500_.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I think your best off giving the guys at comand a call to see what they say.

Yep it's fitted with a speaker due to your vehicle having an amplifier. I'm not sure if there is a way round it on your car, some vehicles had an adaptor lead but it's not possible on every car iirc.

Best to check compatibility but this may be for your vehicle

Autoleads SOT-915B - Mercedes A-Class, B-Class, C-Class, CL, CLK Parrot SOT Lead | eBay

That looks like it will do the job, Bob (a bit of rhyme there) TBH, I thought it was fibre from HU to the HK amp?

Just looked on Starfinder, and it shows all speakers wired direct to the HU

Last edited:
Yep it's fitted with a speaker due to your vehicle having an amplifier. I'm not sure if there is a way round it on your car, some vehicles had an adaptor lead but it's not possible on every car iirc.

Best to check compatibility but this may be for your vehicle

Autoleads SOT-915B - Mercedes A-Class, B-Class, C-Class, CL, CLK Parrot SOT Lead | eBay

Thank you Bob..
Just looked on the other forum at that link you supplied..
Do you reckon its a DIY job or should I buy it then get it fitted by an audio expert..

Simon, if you go back to the video I showed you, it should be similar. The interface plugs between your HU and speaker Iso block

If it's a Hk amp I don't think it will work through the car speakers that easily.

Mark at Comand will know for sure.

On my w208 Clk i just disconected the rear door speakers from the amp and wired them direct to the parrot as they are tiny anyway it didnt make any difference whatsoever to the sound from the stereo especially after I upgraded the larger rear speakers

It should be virtually plug and play but it depends on how the previous fitter has wired the external speaker

now this adapter does agree with my first thoughts and does seem the way forward. Is there not a ready made BT system that will work with the MOST bus?

There's at least 3 of them out there worth looking at, but running into hundreds of pounds for each system, easy to install and if you have the steering controls active they work the phone system also if not a short MB Star session initializes the controls.

A Googling will find them for you.

Denison Gateway is one of them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom