Parrot MKi9100 in a W203 C class coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lyn2012

Car
CDI 220 coupe
After considering all reasonably priced options to add bluetooth phone and iPhone/iPod music to my new (to me) 2002 C220 I think I've decided on the Parrot MKi9100. Can anybody tell me which extra cable or harness I will need? My car has the original Comand 2.0 fitted with aux in connection and 6 CD interchanger in the glove compartment but no phone connection present. I can't see Bose anywhere on the speakers so I'm guessing it wasn't fitted.

I was looking at the Bury 9060 music as I've read the audio quality is better than using the Parrot amp, but don't find touch screens easy to use while driving - bumpy roads always make me touch the wrong area, as I've found with my iPhone 5. I've also read that the Parrot can be connected to use the existing car amp but have been unable to find any more information about this. Can anyone tell me more?

I had the Mki9200 fitted into my wifes Mazda2. It has the colour removable screen.
This is the unit inplace:

464552c1.jpg

The wireless control (very easy to use). You also have voice commands for phone calls so you don't need to touch a button whilst driving to accept and end a call.

44f15085.jpg

Screen removed for peace of mind. It syas inplace most of the time, but every now and again we take put it out of sight for security.

b25c22d0.jpg

The twin mic fitted centrally infront of the mirror. Good clear calls.

7c3b3a39.jpg

We had the Parrot installed in March this year so have had a few months to get used to it. We've found it easy to use. Once your phone(s) are synced they sync automatically and it has 'dual' phone feature - so two can be active together (although you can only take/make calls from one at a time).
It will play music over bluetooth from your phone, but I've found it convenient to fill a SD card and USB with loads of music and just leave them connected.
Music quality is very good in my opinion. I've not upgraded the Mazdas speakers, but moving from the standard radio to the Parrot is a significant imrpovement in sound/quality.
I've sync'd my wifes Nokia, my iphone and my new Samsung (android) phones and all have worked perfectly with no ussues with contacts syncing over each time. (It doesn't have a 'hard drive' so this just takes a few seconds or a minute or so depending on how much info is being sync'd).

I bought the Parrot and lead from Amazon and an autoelectrician I know fitted it for £50. This may be the correct lead (I dont know - you would have to check with then directly) for Merc. It connects into the back of the head unit so the cars speakers can be used etc. It is the brand which I bought and works fine with the Mazda. The autoelectrician was happy with the quality of the lead :

Autoleads SOT-976 Accessory Interface Lead for Volkswagen/ Mercedes/ BMW: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

I had the Mki9200 fitted into my wifes Mazda2. It has the colour removable screen.

I bought the Parrot and lead from Amazon and an autoelectrician I know fitted it for £50. This may be the correct lead (I dont know - you would have to check with then directly) for Merc. It connects into the back of the head unit so the cars speakers can be used etc. It is the brand which I bought and works fine with the Mazda. The autoelectrician was happy with the quality of the lead :

Autoleads SOT-976 Accessory Interface Lead for Volkswagen/ Mercedes/ BMW: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Thanks for the info and photos Kingy68. I actually had a MKi9200 in my previous car, VW Golf, but would really prefer a less conspicuous and smaller screen this time. The Amazon link shows many people are having trouble with incorrect leads being supplied with the unit so I wouldn't trust their choice in this case. I've also looked on many other sites and can't find leads/harness for my particular car specifications listed anywhere, which is why I've posted here in the hope that the knowledgable people on this forum will be able to help.

No worries. Just trying to help in the limited capacity I can offer. :D

Are you installing yourself or using an autoelectrician? Only ask because the autoelec I used offered to supply the Parrot and lead. I could source cheaper though so bought myself. He asked which lead I was buying and confirmed it was the correct one as it was in his interest that I had the correct parts. You could do the same if using a professional for the fit.

These guys offer the Mki9100 with different leads if you give them car model, year and audio spec. Parrot MKi9100 Bluetooth Car Kit + Mercedes SOT-097 | eBay
They list leads SOT-976, 097, 912, 915 and 922 so it would be worth an email for them to confirm which is designed for your car.

I added the Amazon link as despite the one review of wrong lead being supplied thats a car audio accessory dealer that could have potentially advised the correct lead. They have 198 trades but only four reviews on that item. Their average rating is 4.7 stars out of 5 and I had no issues with lead supplied to me or it's quality so the poor review(s) in this instance may well be misrepresentative of the company.

Hope the info is of some use. :)

Edit: Another company offering to advise on lead compatability. This is their list of Mercedes leads. The 097 looks promising if I'm reading it right: Autoleads

Last edited:
These guys offer the Mki9100 with different leads if you give them car model, year and audio spec. Parrot MKi9100 Bluetooth Car Kit + Mercedes SOT-097 | eBay
They list leads SOT-976, 097, 912, 915 and 922 so it would be worth an email for them to confirm which is designed for your car.

Edit: Another company offering to advise on lead compatability. This is their list of Mercedes leads. The 097 looks promising if I'm reading it right: Autoleads

My problem is that every website I go to seems to have different information, or my car isn't listed at all.

Autoleads say the 097 is for C class Sep 2004> Audio 10.
Does this mean cars after for before Sep 2004?
Anyway, I have the Comand 2.0 not the Audio 10 so I guess it's not the right lead.

According to Autoleads (I think) I need the 912, but Incarexpress says this is for cars 2004-2007. Does this mean Sep 2004> is after 2004 then? If so, I can't find a lead for a 2002 model with Comand from Autoleads at all.

If nobody here knows, then I'll have to hope the installer really knows what he is doing! In the meantime, I might send some emails to the eBay sellers and see what replies I get - thanks for the idea Kingy68.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom