part 1 of my Ivory dash mods

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
here is part one of my ivory dash mods: (;ater W202 sports had Ivory dials)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Are they identical to the SLK

yup its a SLK part number u see in 1st pic ;)

You shouldnt be chopping up elephants to decorate your dash:devil:

Shame on you Koolvin, those buttons are looking a bit grubby. Looks like someone had just had some takeaway Nando's prior to adjusting the temperature controls. :p

Lemme see the clocks then.

Another mod for you. Some point between my '98 C200 and my '99C230K, those heater conrol knobs turned from shiney black pastic to matt black plastic.

Newer ones far nicer.

...and in about a month or so I will be "donating" the ivory (coloured! ;) ) dials from the stock dash cluster in my car to finish the project, unless you've changed your mind Koolvin? :)

of course not Nick!! Ivory r0cks!

Dash mods

After taking the mick out of mods in the past - I find myself getting bitten by the photo's of the ivory - that's superb. K.
So where do I get the chrome surrounds for the knobs to go with it again?

Am really interested to see the ivory dials as well ( and figure out how to do that one )

Also - I've been digging through the posts trying to find out the part number of the chrome surround for a 5 speed auto gearshift. ( w/s on the right ), but I can't find it now. Any ideas. I've also seen a bit for the centre of the gearbox surround in the shape of the gate to match the walnut - anyone else seen this?

The beast still going - 72K service next week ( AAAAARRRGGHH !! )
and it's making a hell of a noise from the exhaust ( but I can't find any holes in it - I've had it off and it looks fine - I assume some baffles are collapsing ). Otherwise fine.

Stew. C200 1996 ( looking for a late 6-pot 202 estate )

Last edited:
The chrome surrounds were from , www.specialvehicle.co.uk the ivory dials from MB part number in 1st pic.

your noisey 'zorst could be your Catylist!

Re: Dash mods

Originally posted by smiff
Am really interested to see the ivory dials as well ( and figure out how to do that one )

If you mean instrument cluster, then this is how my '98 sport dash looks.

Dash_063406.jpg

:)

S.

Looks good! - Picking it up from it's 72K (Argh!) service tomorrow so may just pop into the parts dept and have a go at the ivory heater controls first!
Also going in to find out if I can buy a gearshift surround. The OEM part from Merc like what Greg bought ( Oh the grammar ! ), for £6 seems to be a better bet than the Gencia part for £28 plus postage!. Wonder if I can get the SLK surrounds as well.. hmm...

Anyhow - put it in for a 72K check-over and amused the guy behind the desk. Didn't want to put in the recommended Merc oil in the service cos I got a load of Castrol RS dirt cheap, (0w40 fully synth!), wanted him to change the gearbox oil which is not on the service, and told him that I have just replaced all the brakes with OEM bits so he could leave that out as well! - He offered me a job as a service manager! lol .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom