Part Exchange rates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As of today it has a year's MOT on it too.

A 16 year old / 130k mile car will go straight to auction no matter how nice it is - it's worth peanuts to a dealer. The 'part ex' price they offer is just a part of the negotiation. E.g. the sticker price of the car you want is £10k and they offer you £1000 part-ex. Or they are prepared to take £9500 and offer you £500 part-ex. Either way you are paying them £9000 - that's all that matters.

Advertise it on here before anywhere else.

We did get our other car and didn't part exchange as we bought privately, so will probably make an advert here.

Great cars and a fantastic engine. I regularly used to get over 50mpg out of mine. Why not just keep it? With a new MOT and at 130k miles it's just run in and probably a much better machine than a newer one.

Great cars and a fantastic engine. I regularly used to get over 50mpg out of mine. Why not just keep it? With a new MOT and at 130k miles it's just run in and probably a much better machine than a newer one.

To be honest it is tempting to keep it. I'm sort of 50/50 whether to sell it now or keep it, but if the right offer comes along then who knows. Otherwise as you say, they are great cars and on the motorway it really does sail along. We could keep it for our annual trips away, we can really fill the back up and take more than we need and I have genuine roof bars for it. I also bought another set of wheels for it to fit winter tyres, but never did get any winter tyres and I did alright in the snow!

Depreciation is a cruel mistress! I think part ex is a grand. But jeez that is criminally cheap when you think about it. Same value as a TV or a couple of wireless speakers! Whoever buys it will probably get another 5-10 years out of it.

It’s not the same over the channel. Just look at what used cars go for there. Hugely more expensive.

For what it’s worth....I’d keep it and enjoy it!

Depreciation is a cruel mistress! I think part ex is a grand. But jeez that is criminally cheap when you think about it. Same value as a TV or a couple of wireless speakers! Whoever buys it will probably get another 5-10 years out of it.

It’s not the same over the channel. Just look at what used cars go for there. Hugely more expensive.

For what it’s worth....I’d keep it and enjoy it!
I think I’d do the same: keep it and enjoy it.

Exactly why I still have the old 2004 W211 E220.

Worth a couple of grand at most (at a push) but worth way more than that to me.

Exactly why I still have the old 2004 W211 E220.

Worth a couple of grand at most (at a push) but worth way more than that to me.

In a way it's sort of worth keeping when thinking about that. Previous owner has had a new SBC pump, I've had a new battery, it's just had a new MOT and service.

Have the same situation.
Nobody wants a 2011E class with 312k but it is worth more to me than maybe the £2km or so I might get if I tried to trade it in.

I see it as a challenge to keep it going and get as many miles on as possible before something big goes or diesel becomes too demonised. I have driven all bar 9k of those miles so I am kind of attached to the old girl :)

You know what they drive like even after big miles, they feel just as good at 312k as they do at 185k so keep on using it as much as you can. If I didn't have mine I would have been tempted by yours.

Edited to add I would like a 350 even more :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom