part number ,caliper to steering knuckle, bolt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
Can anyone solve this one.Sent for 4 bolts to replace the ones removed as i changed my discs.The ones i have had are threaded up to the bolt head.The ones i removed had a shoulders on it ,not threaded to the head. Will anyone have part numbers for them please. vin WDB1240262A941387 REG F28BFK 1989 Mercedes w124 260e
the part number sent is-1244210471 Mercedes at Manchester say they are the right ones .But are not. Thank you all

The part no I have listed is A0004210471 for your car via EPC for the sliding caliper type. If the bolt has the same dimensions--length /diameter I would not be worried about the threaded/unthreaded bit. More important is the strength rating which is marked on the bolt head. Has it got the blue thread locking material on the end? If you are concerned you can re-use the old bolts provided you use a bit of threadlocker on the end.

thank you

groba yes ,thats the same number i have . But for some reason these must have been changed. I wont fit them , i am sending the 4 back i had from Mercedes of Newcastle .To me knowing a little about engineering diong it for 50 years you dont fit a screw to a bolt hole .The shoulder is there to do a job ,it fills the hole so you have no play there.With a threaded screw it as no strength ,as the material on the screw as been made weak threading it.You have to put 115 nm on it to lock it up. Here are the screws sent.

Last edited:

This is the type of bolt ,its a bolt because screws are threaded to the top of the head, bolts are not ,this is for strength. The bolts are the ones on the back of the anchor ,you will see they have a shoulder on them.

Last edited:
The part no I have listed is A0004210471 for your car via EPC for the sliding caliper type. If the bolt has the same dimensions--length /diameter I would not be worried about the threaded/unthreaded bit. More important is the strength rating which is marked on the bolt head. Has it got the blue thread locking material on the end? If you are concerned you can re-use the old bolts provided you use a bit of threadlocker on the end.
That's the same number I have but item not as the one removed and pictures show shoulder on these.

up date

Thank you lads for your post.These bolts must be right .Did a check on 3 Mercedes garage parts depot , all said the same.The part was up dated by Mercedes why i dont know.But i am old school, a bolt came out and a bolt will go back in ,new one .I am looking for old stock now .Thats how i am ,i wont be happy with screws .On the bay they have bearing kits ,and guess what, the kit as bolts in them . So i will send for a kit,just for the bolts. Also the grease cups are split. Picking a pair up from Mercedes .Realy hope these are the same and not made cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom