Part Number Desc Needed Urgently

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
hi

this is for an ebay auction i have my eye on (so quite urgent as it ends soon); could anyone let me know whether the following part number is a CLK CABRIO AUTO DIMMING MIRROR or a coupe one?

A2083100117 (i think, the picture on the ebay site isnt clear)

or can someone let me know what the part number is for a W208 CLK CABRIO auto-dimming mirror? it is in quartz grey

thanks in advancde

SilverSaloon said:
hi

this is for an ebay auction i have my eye on (so quite urgent as it ends soon); could anyone let me know whether the following part number is a CLK CABRIO AUTO DIMMING MIRROR or a coupe one?

A2083100117 (i think, the picture on the ebay site isnt clear)

or can someone let me know what the part number is for a W208 CLK CABRIO auto-dimming mirror? it is in quartz grey

thanks in advancde

no one?

I'll try to look tonight when I get home, your stealership parts dept also has this info if you are friendly with them :)

Just plain RVM with dimming? No home-link, microphone, (taxi-meter lol) or anything? :)

Shude said:
I'll try to look tonight when I get home, your stealership parts dept also has this info if you are friendly with them :)

Just plain RVM with dimming? No home-link, microphone, (taxi-meter lol) or anything? :)

yes plain RVM with dimming but for CABRIO.

SilverSaloon said:
yes plain RVM with dimming but for CABRIO.
How different is the cab? Fixes to the ceiling or the windscreen?

Shude said:
How different is the cab? Fixes to the ceiling or the windscreen?

the cabrio one has a roundish connector that clips onto the windscreen..... coupe has a long bit of plastic...

that PN doesnt come up on the USA epc - and the cab one is 0617 on the end - the coupe one is 1217 or 2917 (later cars)

the easy way to tell the difference is the size of the mounting plate - the coupe ones are 3 - 4" long, the cab ones are 1 - 2" long....

however - i cant tell if they are auto dimming - there are lots of wires on an auto dimming one - and two plugs (one for remote / alarm, one for dimming)

hth

guy

guydewdney said:
that PN doesnt come up on the USA epc - and the cab one is 0617 on the end - the coupe one is 1217 or 2917 (later cars)

the easy way to tell the difference is the size of the mounting plate - the coupe ones are 3 - 4" long, the cab ones are 1 - 2" long....

however - i cant tell if they are auto dimming - there are lots of wires on an auto dimming one - and two plugs (one for remote / alarm, one for dimming)

hth

guy

i won the ebay auction anyway so we shall see when i get it. I can always sell it back on if its the wrong type.

thanks for everyone's help.

this is the mirror:

mirror1uh.jpg

it looks like it is a coupe one; can anyone confirm?

SilverSaloon said:
this is the mirror:

it looks like it is a coupe one; can anyone confirm?

The part number has been deleted from EPC so I cant see it. I am in the market for one.

miro said:
The part number has been deleted from EPC so I cant see it. I am in the market for one.

a coupe or a cabrio one?

Coupe...

For future reference, 210/202/208 (coupe) are all the same mounting...

V12 said:
Coupe...

For future reference, 210/202/208 (coupe) are all the same mounting...

It was a 208 dimming mirror in my 2003 W203 , so it fits that too.

My 2005 203 however has a W211 chunky mirror in it

fuzzer said:
It was a 208 dimming mirror in my 2003 W203 , so it fits that too.

My 2005 203 however has a W211 chunky mirror in it
I had a look at the mirror from Guy's C32 AMG, although the physical mounting was the same the plastic moulding was slightly different.

Shude said:
I had a look at the mirror from Guy's C32 AMG, although the physical mounting was the same the plastic moulding was slightly different.

was it a 208 mirror in guys too ?

fuzzer said:
was it a 208 mirror in guys too ?
Don't know which part number. It had a chunky, round end to it rather than the sloped 202/208/210 moulding. It still fit the 202 but looked a bit odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom