Part Number for Heated Seat Switch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smiddyboy1

Car
W203 C320CDI Sport Edition, W203 C200K (Coupe), 219 CLS350, S-Type, 316 CDI Sprinter
Does anyone have a part number for the switch row with heated seats???

My car doesn't have heated seats at the moment, but by following Lynall's post I've ordered the heated pads and plan on fiting them soon.
The switch row currently in the car has: Blank, Blank, Blank, ESP, Hazard, Lock - Unlock, Headrests, Alarm int, Blank.

I've phoned the parts department but they can't be sure of which one I need, and also the EPC list literally hundreds of different combinations.

If anyone could supply a VIN number or part number that would be great!

I dont want to buy a Full switch, with parktronic, electric blind etc as I'm not planning on adding those and dont fancy having the buttons there that dont do anything.

Car is a C Class W203, 2002.

Thanks.

Search for w203 heated seats, on here, there was another post and the bloke got someone to fit exactly what you want and he may have part nos:)

Lynall

Thanks for the reply Lynall, I must have read every single post on here regarding the W203 Heated Seats :rolleyes: , But no part numbers have been passed that relate to my car or with diferent combinations.

I think I'll just order the full option switch bank because I read and saw on benzworld that someone had changed over the blanks so I'll give it a go.

Does anyone have a part number for the switch row with heated seats???

My car doesn't have heated seats at the moment, but by following Lynall's post I've ordered the heated pads and plan on fiting them soon.
The switch row currently in the car has: Blank, Blank, Blank, ESP, Hazard, Lock - Unlock, Headrests, Alarm int, Blank.

I've phoned the parts department but they can't be sure of which one I need, and also the EPC list literally hundreds of different combinations.

If anyone could supply a VIN number or part number that would be great!

I dont want to buy a Full switch, with parktronic, electric blind etc as I'm not planning on adding those and dont fancy having the buttons there that dont do anything.

Car is a C Class W203, 2002.

Thanks.

EPC would not tell which exact buttons are included, you have work on the option codes.

Are you saying the car would have the standard buttons plus heated seats and the alarm (codes 551 & 873) but no interior safe guard (with option code 882)? Other option codes you would not want are Parktronic with 220, rear window blind with 540.

This switch part should be A2038705910 (I had a look at a different model, 203.052, is the switch panel the same before and after face lift, I don't know which one you have?).

Double check the part number and have a look at your data card against the options mentioned above.

EPC would not tell which exact buttons are included, you have work on the option codes.

Are you saying the car would have the standard buttons plus heated seats and the alarm (codes 551 & 873) but no interior safe guard (with option code 882)? Other option codes you would not want are Parktronic with 220, rear window blind with 540.

This switch part should be A2038705910 (I had a look at a different model, 203.052, is the switch panel the same before and after face lift, I don't know which one you have?).

Double check the part number and have a look at your data card against the options mentioned above.

Thanks for your help Diesel Benz,

It gets confusing as the original part for my car there is eight diferent part numbers varying in price from £78 to £99, and they're all only showing code 551 - Anti Theft, and 882 - Interior Safeguard.

Although saying that one part number has "haz.warn.flash.s.hd.restr.rel.,centr.loc" so I was looking for one with "haz.warn.flash.s.hd.restr.rel.,centr.loc" plus code 873 - Heathed front seat.
But when you go onto the epc with the first part of the vin 203006 there are litierly hundreds of variations.

The codes i wanted should be 551, 882, plus 873, But wasn't sure if it still had the headrest buttons etc as they are not listed, I've since found out that they come standard but why is it listed in the original part :crazy: , on top of that you then have different colour code that include 'deep grey, dull black, deep black & lazer black'.

Anyway I've narrowed it down to the full option switch with my color code with the options of ;220 Parktronic, 540 Roller blind, 551 anti theft, 873 Heated seat & 882 Interior safeguard but still I have three diferent part numbers again varying in price. This time from £99 to £143 :eek:

The reason I'm ordering the full option switch is because last night I found a thread that someone had done the same and removed the Blanks from the old switch to cover the items that were not used: in my case 220 parktronic & 540 Roller blind.

Long drawn out post I know but just trying to vent my confusion :D

Last edited:
Little Update if anyone cares...

Now, Just spoken to the Part Dept.

From the three part numbers I was left with heres what the out come was:

A203 821 79 79 (7167) Listed as £99.88
None in the country, 15 in germany and mercedes sold 1 last year.

A203 821 69 58 (7167) Listed as £134.21
Has changed part number to the above (79 79)

A203 821 78 04 51 (7167) Listed as £143.49
Also changed part number to the above (79 79) and have never ever sold any of the (04 51)

In the end it was A203 821 79 79 7167 that was ordered funnily enough.:rolleyes:

Wiring loom was slightly easier but here goes:
2 diferent parts available

A203 540 30 05 Listed as £27.25
A203 440 51 13 Listed as £28.36

But by the footnotes on the parts it was the (30 05) part that I needed, only to find out that there was a modification to the part and the part number is now A203 540 30 05 98 and is now listed as £36.22.

Long story short... £139.85 lighter after Vat and delivery.... hope its worth it :p

We are doing this mod for our customers a lot at the moment... now that dealer parts department knows what we want, its easy to find.. Its simply finding the switch you have, writing down the codes and finding the switch with all those plus heated seats....

Wiring loom is easy as the heated seats have a dedicated loom...

the really fun part is getting the heated pads into place...

Would like to do this for my W210, but think that the wood trim is going to be the expensive part in it all.

We are doing this mod for our customers a lot at the moment... now that dealer parts department knows what we want, its easy to find.. Its simply finding the switch you have, writing down the codes and finding the switch with all those plus heated seats..
Hopefully this is the only time I need to do this ;)
Wiring loom is easy as the heated seats have a dedicated loom..
Nothing is easy when it comes to me lol

the really fun part is getting the heated pads into place...
Thanks for reminding me :p

Would like to do this for my W210, but think that the wood trim is going to be the expensive part in it all.
I've read that the W210 is a PITA to do! I think it needs a control unit plus quite a fair few other parts....
My father-in-law has a W210 with heated seats so if you need me to look at any of the parts, etc then let me know ;)

I've read that the W210 is a PITA to do! I think it needs a control unit plus quite a fair few other parts....
My father-in-law has a W210 with heated seats so if you need me to look at any of the parts, etc then let me know ;)

thanks for that. I may go down the aftermarket route and find somewhere to locate the switches that come with the kits.

Parts arrived

Today I received the parts from Inchcape....
PICT0133.jpg

Still waiting on the heated seat pads tho..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom