Part number lookup?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nmk

Hi,

I've been sent:

A0025427219

as a replacement for a broken:

A0025421319

These are relay switches for the convertible roof mechanism on a W208, and for the fuel filter pump.

Is it possible for someone to check the codes for me - I'm worried that if they aren't interchangeable, it might blow something. Seems strange that the codes would have changed if they are in fact the same?

Hi,

The first one is from model 204

The second one is for model number 211 and 463

Not sure if that helps, thats what EPC says anyway

Cheers

Bushy

Hi,

The first one is from model 204

The second one is for model number 211 and 463

Not sure if that helps, thats what EPC says anyway

Cheers

Bushy

I guess you only looked at the first page of models listed. The second part is used on very many models, 245, 203, 168, 202, 904, 210,... even 204 and 221.

The fact that both parts are used on a 204 but the first one only assigned for one specific purpose, should mean the parts are not interchangeable.

I guess you only looked at the first page of models listed. The second part is used on very many models, 245, 203, 168, 202, 904, 210,... even 204 and 221.

The fact that both parts are used on a 204 but the first one only assigned for one specific purpose, should mean the parts are not interchangeable.

Strange - I called MB stratforford, and the guy there reckons that the later replaced the first.

I have a W208 Cab - the part is used on the convertible roof mechanism.

Since talking to MB, I figured I will try it, and it certainly works ok - just I worry that if the internal resistance is different or something, it could have side effects in the long term...

Strange, there is a part like A002 542 59 19 that has replaced the part A002 542 13 19. Since it works, I don't expect any resistance issues or so, it is "just a relay", perhaps this part has more functionality that required, like multi-pole when single pole is sufficient or multi-throw when single throw is sufficient.

Would have been interesting to have an explanation why it does not appear at EPC as a replacement for the older part, or perhaps it even did for your particular model (would you post the first 6 digits of your VIN?).

afaik the 13 and the 59 digits relate to supercession info so it should work.

I could be wrong but Im sure I posted a link to that a few months ago????

Bazzle

Hi,

I've been sent:

A0025427219

as a replacement for a broken:

A0025421319

These are relay switches for the convertible roof mechanism on a W208, and for the fuel filter pump.

Is it possible for someone to check the codes for me - I'm worried that if they aren't interchangeable, it might blow something. Seems strange that the codes would have changed if they are in fact the same?

1999 CLK 230K Cab (W208)
I'm away in Asia at the present. When I get home in, about a week from now, I will look into this. It wasn't too long back that I had a relay go (for the roof pump system) and bought a replacement through MB. If it was superceded I will probably have one of the newer ones fitted now. I bought a spare at the time and kept the paperwork. I'll look it out and post when I get back. Suffice to say that I installed the new one on the roof pump (as you say interchangeable between the other unit also fitted in the boot for the fuel system).

Last edited:
Yes of course there are replacement parts and discontinued parts but EPC should show the current part number for any part that has been used in the car from factory. Now in this case like bushy30 already indicated, the new part has only been assigned for a W204 (while the other part too is used on a W204). Why are they using both on a W204? Anyway, interesting if someone can explain this.

I would be interested about any "logic" the replacement part numbers are supposed to have. The last digit or pair isn't the least significant when part numbers are listed in order but it should not mean the second last pair neither can be reserved for the same part always. Perhaps a sequence?

Looking for part No. for front and rear muds flaps for 2014 B180 CDI can you help please
Regards
Tony Mewburn

This doesn't explain it, but there are regularly parts-supercessions not listed in EPCnet - which you find when you try and order a part and there is no price for it.

It happens for all kinds of parts where there are parts that are not listed in EPCnet at all, but you find (such as different variants of W176 door mirrors), than then all superseded to a more functional part (such as a mirror with memory and dimming wiring). This of course allows MB to keep less parts for <however many> years they have to after a model is complete.

I suspect in this case this is just EPCnet not getting updated though (why bother to update EPC for a discontinued vehicle)

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom