Part Number Request for '03 W211 E220 CDI Service Booklet in English

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeftBrain

Car
'03 E220 CDI, '85 300TD
Over here in the states I have an E220 CDI that was imported from Belgium. A very rare bird. All of my vehicle literature is of course in French and, although being as helpful as possible, my local dealer and MBUSA are unable to find any references to the part numbers or order numbers for these documents in the English version. Seems MBUSA is very much disconnected from their European counterparts.

Specifically, I need the part number that correlates to a Service Booklet with order number 6515 8098 02.

Would also welcome relevant part numbers for COMAND-APS book 6515 6673 02 and Owners Manual 6515 1098 02 as well.

So far the dealer has been willing and able to supply any needed parts as long as I provide the part number, and the EPC has worked well for that, but I would entertain recommendations and contact info for a helpful dealer in the UK who might be willing to export a few select items to the US.

You guys are lucky, the European models make a lot of sense to me and others here in the States. Too bad MBUSA have skewed the US market by only providing over-powered/high-priced/over-complicated vehicles over here. I'm sure what they're doing makes business sense but it's difficult for a guy like me who likes a simple yet well made and affordable car. Wasn't going to own another Mercedes until the E220 came along.

TIA

Service booklet is 211 584 27 93 EN Edition C
This first number I suspect is the first book issued to my car as it has the build code leaflet glued in the back cover.
I also have.. Service Booklet.. 215 584 81 93 which came with my car but is probably an add-on at some time. :dk:

Owners manual is 211 584 88 82 EN Edition E1

Comand I don't have as my car has audio 20 fitted.

Let me know if you're stuck. I've sent bits to the States before for you lost souls. :p:D

Hi Druk. Thanks for sending over those numbers. Ran them through (worldwide) EPC and the local dealer, no joy. Will try MBUSA HQ on Monday.

You know if there was a link to a .pdf version that would be suitable too, anybody?

The 65I5 numbers you gave are on the reverse of my books along with the part Nos I quoted.
I've to go to the local Merc agent sometime early next week for parts ordered. I'll ask there if these part Nos mean anything to them. It's possible the part number has to be prefixed by Z rather than the usual A. This is the case with a replacement service record book I recently got.

Last edited:
I ran it through the EPC with "Z" prefix. Again, no joy. Any help you can offer is appreciated. Thanks.

Found an on-line pdf manual on the EPC under 'Links'. Helpfully, it's only applicable to the latest W212 E Class and even that's for the German model.
Script refers you to the dealer network. :wallbash:

Leftbrain, are you still with us?

My dealer spent some time on the spares computer. All the books are now out of print and not obtainable from Merc. He has a Comand book in stock and can get from various dealer sources around the UK the other ones. There are four in all. If this is the road you want to go down we need to establish comms.

Email me here.. [email protected]

Derek.

Yep. Still here. Thanks for your help and persistence.

I'm surprised the maintenance booklet is out of print - it's what's used to record the regular maintenance on the vehicle. I guess in Europe you are more successful in moving away from that and toward the electronic records entirely.

Maybe what I need to do is work toward a European WIS account, in order that I can correlate the service codes with the procedures. I have a number for MB in Germany, maybe I need to contact them and explain the situation. I have already attempted to sign up for one but was prompted for a European address.

I'm surprised the maintenance booklet is out of print - it's what's used to record the regular maintenance on the vehicle. I guess in Europe you are more successful in moving away from that and toward the electronic records entirely.

Duplicate service booklets are easily available here. What you asked about was the 'original' type (or am I wrong?) which includes all the vehicles data and procedures.

"Specifically, I need the part number that correlates to a Service Booklet with order number 6515 8098 02".

This is the correct part number for this book btw with the 02 refering to it's being in 'English'. And it does prefix with Z, just that you have to be an uber-sleuth to find it on the parts computer. Unfortunately, it's now out of print with existing dealer stock being all that's available.

Last edited:
Hi Druk,

Thanks for your clarification. With regards to the replacement service booklet the most importwant part is the listing of the service codes with descriptions in the back. These correlate the codes from the FSS/Assyst Plus and descriptions e.g., Service Code 1 lists procedure 4251, check brake pads and rotors. This is the part which would be most helpful.

Moving forward I will then need the service manual (bigger) or access to the WIS which describes how to carry out each of the tasks. Most of the procedures are listed in my US version of the E-class service manuals, so that's not so critical.

It sounds like the replacement booklet doesn't have so much information on the service tasks as the original, right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom