Part Number request for clk cluster upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jblackCLK

Car
320CLK 98 W208, MK1 Fiesta XR2 Fly (Convertible)
Hi All

I'm doing a cluster and buttoned wheel upgrade in my CLK
Can anyone tell me the part numbers for the connectors in the following pictures. I've spent ages looking in the EPC but there doesn't seem to be anything which fits the bill. I've even tried the Dealers and they don't have a clue either.

Image1 shows two contact holders which slide inside the larger connector which plugs into the cluster, I need the holders and pins

Image2 shows the connector which plugs into the airbag ring just behind the steering wheel. If it helps the airbag ring Part number is 210 460 00 49.
I need the cover, holder and pins

Many Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Image1.gif
    Image1.gif
    68.6 KB · Views: 126
  • Image2.gif
    Image2.gif
    64.6 KB · Views: 126
Which connectors do you want, the ones in the upper picture or lower one. The p/n should be on them as you can see for the large connector and the one in the lower pic.

EPC is down at the moment.

Do you have the HOWTO? If not, PM SilverSaloon or Shude for a copy. If you already have it, sorry can't help :)

Theres normally an airbag cabling repair kit, which should get you the airbag connectors. But my access to EPCnet is dead at the moment so cant look it up for you..

Richard

But my access to EPCnet is dead at the moment so cant look it up for you..

Richard

Not only your access... :mad:

But once you regain access, it would be nice to have the part numbers posted. I had a look at these parts and didn't figure out where I could find them. Connector housings sometimes appear on the wiring drawing, sometimes elsewhere but these I did not find at all (with a reasonable effort).

The two images I posted are from the How to I got of Shude. The How To is based on a W210 but I believe the CLK conversion is almost identical.

The first connectors I need are marked N2 and M2 in the first image. these go into the holder you can see in the lower of the image, the holders part No is 001 545 41 40. This holder plugs into the back of the Cluster.
I've found the holder in the EPC but cannot find any mention of the connectors (N or M) which go into it

The second image is three pictures of the same connector. The first is just the cover, the second is the pin holder with pins and wires in place and the third is the cover combined with the holder. This connector goes into the SRS Airbag ring part number 2104600049. Again I can find the air bag ring but I cannot find the connector.

I've trauled through the wire diagrams of the facelift clk, the later W210 and a few other which use the parts I know the numbers for, each time selecting each connector which looks likely, but none seem be for canbus, cluster to comand, cluster to horn, loom to air bag ring, or anything remotely similar.

I'm stumped!!!

I'm bumping this to the top again in the hope that some EPC Ninja or Merc Electronics Master can rustle up the parts numbers.

PLEEAASSSEE

Just an update

I never found out the part numbers but I did the conversion anyway.

I found that the five pin connector housing to the srs ring is not really needed. The existing 4 pin one fits fine into the new srs ring and for the pin left over I just pushed the loose contact over it. The contact is tight against the edge of the four pin housing and since the back of the srs ring doesn't move the pin isn't going anywhere.

For the two connectors going into the back of the ic I used a slightly modified replacement. When I took the IC out I found that all the two pin bush housing going into the older where the same size, but with a notch so that they could only go into the position they where marked for. So I got the bush housing for position B and removed the notch did this twice and hey presto.

The part number for the pin hosung is A210 545 33 28.

I've attached two pictures showing one hosing with the notch removed and one without.

Any questions or if you want the PDF I used for the conversion PM me

Cheers

Attachments

• Sany0103.gif
    Sany0103.gif
    31.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Sany0105.gif
    Sany0105.gif
    69.1 KB · Views: 36

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom