Part Number Request (Stolen Off My Car)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sujy

Car
W176 A180
Hi there,

Some lovely individual decided to steal both my wing mirror covers and the front emblem in the grill, I managed to get these off ebay, but on the front emblem there is an electrical cable, which I managed to work out is Radar, but there are so many part numbers and Mercedes won't give me these part numbers, they want £600+ for these bits!

Could someone please provide which radar part number will fit my car?

It's a 2014 A180 Sport (Petrol)
VIN: WDD1760422V036554

Thanks in advance.

Why don’t you just visit the nearest MB dealership and ask them for a quote for parts you need? They must give it you.
Simples.

Why don’t you just visit the nearest MB dealership and ask them for a quote for parts you need? They must give it you.
Simples.

Thanks for the reply, as mentioned I did, they quoted me £600+ but won't provide the part numbers, seeing as they range from £100-200 on eBay, this is a massive saving, as you can imagine it's cost loads of money for the wing mirrors already!

Hence why I am asking for the actual part numbers, as there are a few with no indication what year of manufacturing they are for etc :)

Thanks, this was the one that stood out, but some of the online Merc catalogues showed 5 different codes!

Thanks will get it ordered

Hope you soon get all the bits you need for your car, looking at the emblem on ebay you can see why the scroats steal them,fits in the pocket and sells for nearly £100 on ebay.

Hope you soon get all the bits you need for your car, looking at the emblem on ebay you can see why the scroats steal them,fits in the pocket and sells for nearly £100 on ebay.

Thanks mate, I know right, I was shocked when Merc told me the price! I didn't even think the radar was there, as they are lower in bumpers on Audi etc.

Oh well thanks to everyone here, should save a load of money from a crap situation! So thank you all!

I would see if there is a way to tie-strap or screw it in. If someone has stolen this to sell, they could be back

I would see if there is a way to tie-strap or screw it in. If someone has stolen this to sell, they could be back

Exactly what I was thinking of doing, taking the grill out and seeing if there is a way I can drill a hole in the grill and emblem to then ziptie it in (where the unseen part is on the rear of the grill).

Is there a guide for removing grill? Or is it a bumper off job?

Hello, I too am a victim of this crime; the badge and radar sensor can be removed from the front quite easily by prizing it off. An utterly shocking design flaw if you ask me and one that I’m hoping mb will eventually take accountability for.

did you manage to successfully install a replacement radar and star badge yourself. Did this not involve intricate computer programming? Also interested to hear options on now to secure the fitting and badge to stop this happening, or at least make it difficult for these low life thieving tramps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom