Part number request

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
I would be obliged if anyone with the EPC could look up the part numbers for the n/s and o/s rubbers that are fixed from the bottom of the rear screen each side of the boot down to the top of the bumper.

Mine are perished and I suspect letting a few drops of rain into the boot area.

The car is a W211 2004 E55 saloon

Many thanks.

Think these are called 'panelling, rear lid' unfortunately there are 12 different ones.

Left, right halves them, but EPC doesn't identify them. Then we have anthracite or black, US or Europe, police cars. Elegance etc.

Can you post (or PM your VIN), to allow better precision?

Think these are called 'panelling, rear lid' unfortunately there are 12 different ones.

Left, right halves them, but EPC doesn't identify them. Then we have anthracite or black, US or Europe, police cars. Elegance etc.

Can you post (or PM your VIN), to allow better precision?

Thanks for your reply.

My Vin# is WDB2110762A596127

Panelling rear lid seems to be the lining to the lid itself. Will try harder.

Try A 211 693 01 33 Cover, left fender and A 211 693 02 33 Cover, right fender.

Fastenings: expansion rivet (x8) A 000 991 69 40 grey or A 000 991 591 40 black) and hexalobular bolt M5x12 (x2) N 000000 003251.

Last edited:
^ Many thanks for your help Codger:thumb:

This is the part required below, both n/s and o/s. I believe the rubber seal is part of the plastic mouding that is fixed with the expansion rivets you detailed.

20170216_102259_zpsfghsbrhv.jpg

20170216_102307_zps2blnz0x2.jpg

Let me know AMGeed how you get on, As i was thinking about taking that trim up and cleaning under it.

Just wondering if there is drain holes on the underside.

I'll find out tomorrow Gav. Just ordered both sides from the dealer. £37 including new fixings. The rubber is indeed part of the plastic trim affixed with plastic rivets. Due in tomorrow.

I can confirm after collecting the parts today that the numbers given by Codger in Post #4 are all correct.

Costings as follows

Parts were £8 each + VAT and the plastic rivets were £1 80 + VAT. (8 required for both sides) The torx screw is reusable.

@ Gav.......you asked about possible drain holes? I can confirm there are no drain holes under the plastic/rubber trims.
The existing plastic rivets are just pushed out and replaced. Put the rubber bungs in the holes before refitting the trims. There is a lot of crud that collects under these trims so removing occasionally isn't a bad idea.

A photo with trim removed
20170220_135924_zpszwwzeebr.jpg

And the new trim refitted.
20170220_140810_zpsbz5tzsdu.jpg

I can confirm after collecting the parts today that the numbers given by Codger in Post #4 are all correct.

Costings as follows

Parts were £8 each + VAT and the plastic rivets were £1 80 + VAT. (8 required for both sides) The torx screw is reusable.

@ Gav.......you asked about possible drain holes? I can confirm there are no drain holes under the plastic/rubber trims.
The existing plastic rivets are just pushed out and replaced. Put the rubber bungs in the holes before refitting the trims. There is a lot of crud that collects under these trims so removing occasionally isn't a bad idea.

A photo with trim removed
20170220_135924_zpszwwzeebr.jpg

And the new trim refitted.
20170220_140810_zpsbz5tzsdu.jpg

Looks like MB have changed the plastic rivets.

I used these to replace some of my old OEM ones, once installed I could not tell that these are aftermarket compared to the OEM ones.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Pieces...016899?hash=item3d32119043:g:NpsAAOSwA3dYkfRQ

^ A lot cheaper than oem that's for sure. Thanks for the link. Bookmarked.

TOP MAN awesome stuff AMGeed many thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom